View Vacancy - PAID INTERNSHIPS AT THE BRITISH EMBASSY IN WARSAW (POL19.603)
The British Embassy in Poland is part of a world-wide network, representing British political, economic and consular interests overseas and is now looking to recruit interns for:
- Communications Team;
- Trade & Investment Team;
- Policy Team.
The British Embassy Warsaw welcomes applications from high-performing, motivated individuals who wish to gain professional experience in a dynamic, fast paced working environment, while helping to deliver UK goals in Poland.
The Embassy offers a number of internship opportunities throughout the year, the details of which are set out below on Other benefits of Employment.
We kindly ask that you carefully consider whether you can meet these requirements before applying and consider which team you would like to apply to. We can offer only one 3 month internship to every applicant. The exact start date is agreed during the recruitment process but we aim for internships to commence on the first working day of the calendar month.
We offer the following internships:
Communications Team (Jan - Mar 2020)
The successful candidate’s primary role is to assist in monitoring and evaluating the Polish media landscape, including traditional, broadcast and social media. The main responsibilities include:
- Sourcing and drafting the Embassy’s daily press summary;
- Translating or arranging the translation of press articles from Polish to English;
- Supporting the evaluation of the Embassy’s Strategic Communications campaigns;
- Managing the Embassy’s core script;
- Supporting the delivery of communications around high-level visits and events;
- Providing general administrative support to the Communications Team as required.
Trade & Investment Team (Jan - Mar 2020)
- Two Positions available
The successful candidate’s primary role is to assist in work on projects related to business promotion (International Trade Investment & Foreign Direct Investment). The main responsibilities include:
- Supporting the preparation and delivery of events and seminars;
- Conducting market research and sector analysis;
- Managing internal databases;
- Supporting the team in identifying relevant high value export opportunities for UK companies;
- Providing general administrative support to the Trade & Investment Section.
Policy Team (Jan - Mar 2020)
The successful candidate’s primary role is to support the team in the delivery of the Embassy’s foreign, security and prosperity policy objectives in Poland. The main responsibilities include:
- Support the Policy Section by conducting ad-hoc research, providing translation, attending and writing up meetings/seminars/conferences and working flexibly to help the section respond effectively to short-notice requests;
- Provide organisational and administrative support for colleagues (e.g. by organising meetings, managing the section calendar and event guest lists and undertaking general office work);
- Perform tasks as required by changing workloads and demands.
To be considered for internships, you must meet the below criteria:
- Fluency in English and Polish;
- Obtained or in the process of obtaining at least Bachelor’s degree in a related field;
- Interest in international relations, public policy, foreign policy, communications, trade and investments, respectively;
- Strong attention to detail and ability to work independently and on own initiative;
- Good communication and organisational skills;
- Competent with Microsoft Office Software.
All internships run for a fixed period of three months and should be completed on a full time basis (i.e. 40 hours per week).
The gross salary for this position is 2600 PLN gross per month. Please note that interns are responsible for paying any income tax required by the local law.
The successful candidates will be subject to the Polish security checks.
Internships offered at the British Embassy are governed by the Polish Civil Code.
The British Embassy encourages you to have a medical check prior to commencing your internship, however, any costs incurred are not covered by the British Embassy.
Candidates must currently hold the independent right to live and work in Poland and be prepared to ensure that right remains throughout the scope of the contract. The British Embassy does not sponsor work permits.
When applying you will be asked to clearly indicate the group you wish to be considered for. Applications that fail to do so may not be considered. Successful candidates will be requested to provide one academic or professional reference.
Please use Motivation, Skills & Experience (Why have you applied for this job?) field just to share with us where did you learn about the internship opportunity.
Please note that the deadline for applications is 23:55 on the day mentioned in the above field “Application deadline”.
We advise you to allow enough time to complete and submit your full application, since only applications completed and submitted before the deadline will be considered.
Please be aware that the deadline for submitting applications is considered to be the time zone for the country where the vacancy has arisen.
Please be aware that you will only be able to apply to vacancies for Local Staff roles with the British Government through this official tal.net site (operated by Oleeo). Jobs may be advertised on third party websites, however our adverts will always link back to the official tal.net site. If you complete and send an application through any other site, we will not receive it.
This opportunity is closed to applications.