View Vacancy - MNL - Regional Recruitment Officer, A2 (L)
Main purpose of job:
The Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO) has a Regional Finance, Human Resources, and Procurement hub based in Manila, overseeing 34 High Commissions, British Embassies and Consulates in 22 countries in the Asia Pacific region.
The HR hub is an integral part of the global HR team serving staff working in the overseas network for the UK Government. The role of Regional HR Hub is to provide key HR services (recruitment, pay and reward, talent and performance management, HR enquiries, employee relations and learning & development through regional teams) to customers in the region and to provide a strategic and professional HR capability to support Regional Senior Leaders in delivery of business objectives.
The Regional Recruitment Officer will deliver recruitment campaigns for local staff working at British Embassies, High Commissions and Consulates located in the Asia Pacific Region. The jobholder will ensure effective and efficient solutions by delivering quality and timely service within the framework of the regional recruitment process. The role reports to the Recruitment Manager for the APAC region.
Roles and responsibilities / what will the jobholder be expected to achieve?:
Manage full cycle recruitment campaigns for a wide range of positions in Asia Pacific, deliver professional services and outputs in line with agreed standards, SLAs, KPIs and the Foreign and Commonwealth (FCO) recruitment model. Enforce the standardised process, while balancing the execution with a service-oriented perspective.
- Provide professional recruitment support and advice for hiring managers through all stages of the process.
- Partner with stakeholders to have a thorough understanding of recruitment needs and customisation required for a successful recruitment campaign.
- Provide guidance on FCO’s recruitment policy and share best practice across different countries in the APAC region.
- Meet agreed SLAs.
- Provide back up support for fellow recruitment officers.
- Ensure correct approvals are in place for audit purposes.
- Arrange and conduct briefing calls with hiring managers and/or corporate services teams to align all details and expectations regarding the process and understand vacancy requirements.
- Discuss and commit with process timelines.
- Provide the necessary guidance and advice on the next steps to be taken.
- Draft the job advert based on information provided by the Hiring manager as well as checking information stated in the Recruiter’s Guide, salary scales and/or in the Terms and Conditions of Service.
- Liaise with Post job advertisement on social media if necessary.
- Launch the campaign by advertising on FCO Local Posts and other recruitment channels.
- Provide weekly updates to hiring managers and corporate services teams.
- Receive and shortlist suitable candidates, based on job advert and sifting criteria previously agreed with the hiring manager.
- Provide a shortlist within agreed SLA.
- Manage interview scheduling with the Hiring Manager.
- Support hiring managers at interview stage by inviting shortlisted candidates to an interview/assessment, gathering candidates’ timeslots preferences and sending the final interview schedule, along with useful templates (individual interview forms and summary report).
- Provide guidance and support if any doubt arises regarding the interviewing process.
- Ensure the Summary Report is completed and submitted by the hiring manager.
- Send out notifications to unsuccessful candidates.
- Send out the notification (provisional Job Offer) to the successful candidate.
- Give support to security clearance procedure as needed.
- Conduct professional references checks.
- Prepare Letter of Appointment and upon successful security clearance.
- Liaise with Corporate Services team to ensure that all paperwork and support provided by the Hub is updated so the successful candidate can start.
- Conduct the initial stage of induction by sending Hiring Manager's Induction Pack.
- Fill in the “Prism Set Up form” template with all the necessary information about the position to send to HR Direct for Prism entry.
- Support new hire on boarding by sending a welcome message with useful information and mandatory e-learnings, as well as a regional induction pack.
Administrative work (20%)
- Manage mailboxes, shared folders and all recruitment tools in accordance to agreed record management guidelines, to ensure that records are kept accurate and capture critical information about the campaign.
- Ensure resilience within the team by keeping assigned post recruiter guides up-to-date.
- Regularly review and recommend improvements to recruitment processes, systems/tools and forms used to continually ensure that these remain efficient, add value and are relevant to the business needs.
- Ensure candidate information in the recruitment software is updated in order to provide accurate recruitment data for the Monthly Post Reports and other ad hoc reports requested.
- Collaborate with other HR hub strands on team activities and initiatives.
- Perform other related duties as required and assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree/ Diploma or equivalent
- At least 2 years relevant work experience in recruitment in a shared service or multinational organization.
- Strong interpersonal skills, self-motivated, results driven and customer service oriented.
- Keenly aware of customer requirements and how to drive customer satisfaction.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills as well as organizational skills
- High detail-orientation, organisation and prioritisation skills.
- Must be able to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Ability to work with people at all levels in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to handle confidential employee issues/information and interact with employees in a professional and sensitive manner at all times.
- Proficient in all MS Office applications, specifically Word and Excel.
- Experience in using applicant tracking systems
- Recruitment experience in Asia Pacific countries
- Experience of working in an international organisation and/or public sector.
- Experience in headhunting and sourcing candidates
The British Embassy offers a competitive compensation package, 36-hour work week, guaranteed 13th and 14th month pay, 20 days paid annual leave (calculated on Pro-rata basis if joined after 1 January), extensive medical insurance, life insurance and access to a guaranteed 5 days of learning opportunities a year.
No accommodation or relocation expenses are payable in connection with this position. You must have work authorisation for the Philippines in order to apply.
Employment offers are subject to successful clearance of pre-employment checks. Staff recruited locally by the British Embassy Manila is subject to Terms and Conditions of Service according to local Philippine employment law.
Candidates are expected to have a valid NBI Clearance.
All applications must be received before 23:55 local time at the specified application deadline.
Incomplete application forms will not be taken into consideration, so please ensure you provide the information requested. We regret to advise that we will only be contacting short-listed candidates. Applicants called for an interview will be assessed on the core competencies listed above.
This opportunity is closed to applications.