View Vacancy - AUS Sydney - Trade Development Officer, Financial and Professional Services (A2/L)
The main purpose of the job is to provide support for the Australia network as part delivery of Department for International Trade's (DIT) trade services to assist UK companies within the Financial and Professional services sectors to succeed in the Australian market as well as to contribute to broader DIT team objectives.
- Delivering chargeable services to UK companies seeking to explore opportunities in Australia including research analysis and reporting on various aspects within financial and professional services, particularly fintech, regtech, insurtech and green finance, ranging from industry sector overviews to niche products and services.
- Providing programme scheduling and other support to companies on market visits or large trade delegations.
- Providing event management for British company launches, trade missions, exhibitions and conferences and other internal and external DIT events.
- Performing a business development role promoting UK business in Australia and developing an extensive contact list by attending networking events.
- Responsible for updating and maintaining market intelligence reports on financial services in Australia.
- Collaborating with the Marketing and Communications Team to develop and implement communications plans to increase brand awareness and recognition for UK firms. May include use of social media to highlight business opportunities, good news stories, and market trends.
- Seeking, identifying and reporting export opportunities for UK companies using various sources including electronic tender services and market intelligence.
- Responding to UK company enquiries and taking appropriate action.
- Providing a general support and administrative role to the team, including maintaining databases.
- Other duties as required.
- Must hold a bachelor’s degree relevant to the position
- Good desk research skills and excellent writing skills
- Strong adminstrative skills
- Confidence in networking
- An interest or experience in international relations, financial services, fintech, innovation or green finance would be a plus
Salary is at $62,473 per annum (paid out monthly), plus 11% superannuation. Flexible work arrangements may be considered.
Appointment is subject to an AFP records check and UK security clearance.
Open to Australian citizens and permanent residents in Australia.
Staff recruited locally by the British High Commission and its Consulates is subject to Terms and Conditions of Service according to local Australian employment law.
The British Government supports flexible working practices. Interstate applicants will be required to meet their own travel and relocation expenses.
All applications must be received before 11:55PM AEST-Australian Eastern Standard Time (UTC/ GMT +10) on 06 May 2018.
The successful candidate should be able to start as soon as possible.
Incomplete application forms will not be taken into consideration, so please ensure you provide the information requested. We regret to advise that we will only be contacting short-listed candidates. Applicants called for an interview will be assessed on the core competencies listed above.
To those applicants not short-listed, we extend our appreciation for considering the British Government as a potential employer.
This opportunity is closed to applications.