View Vacancy - Finance Assistant (SWE19.535)
The British Embassy in Sweden is part of a world-wide network, representing British political, economic and consular interests overseas. The Embassy is now looking for a Finance Assistant to join the Corporate Services team. The Finance Assistant reports to the Corporate Service Manager and is responsible for the day-to-day finance tasks which includes working closely with our Global Transaction Centre, and for managing payroll administration for around 50 personnel.
The ideal candidate has passion for numbers, is able to maintain accuracy in their work and apply a good depth of experience performing basic accounting functions, from AR/AP to monthly reconciliations. Additionally, shows some experience in office management supporting medium-sized teams and keen interest in helping improve existing systems and processes. The role will:
Deliver an efficient and professional accounts service in line with Foreign & Commonwealth Office (FCO) financial policy and objectives;
Provide a professional Salary & Pensions service in line with Swedish labour law, best practices and central FCO policy.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Keep track of accounts payable and accounts receivable;
- Check HQ prepared financial returns;
- Preparation and submission of quarterly VAT returns;
- Create MI reports for other departments, providing support with forecast data input;
- Electronic Banking - local direct debit mandates and payroll payments;
- Monitoring and management of a small number of administration budgets including some contract management;
- Procurement -requisitioning and related housekeeping.
Salaries & Pensions Administration (25%)
- Assist in managing and tracking budget calculations;
- Prepare monthly salaries using propriety payroll software;
- Prepare, pay and report Pension and Social Security payments;
- Work with and support HR Officer with new staff set-ups.
- Fluency in English and Swedish – C1;
- Excellent Mathematic ability;
- Good knowledge of accounting practices;
- Strong attention to detail;
- Ability to deliver high quality work within deadlines;
- Excellent organisational and interpersonal skills;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with a strong customer focus;
- Ability to perform analysis, think logically and solve problems;
- Ability to work independently and on a team;
- Ability to follow organisation policies;
- Solid competence in Office 365 (MS Word, Excel, Outllook, Teams and Sharepoint) and general computer use.
- At least 2-3 years bookkeeping experience;
- Experience with Oracle Accounts and/or with Hogia Lön;
- Practical procurement experience /contract management.
This is a full-time permanent position.
All applicants should have the right to live and work in Sweden. The British Embassy does not sponsor for work permits.
According to the Swedish Ministry for Foreign Affairs the locally employed staff should be either Swedish citizens, EU citizens or permanent residents, i.e. registered with the population registry before starting the employment. For more information please consult:
The successful candidate will be subject to confirmation of a background check and security clearance.
Visa / Passport requirements: Candidates must currently hold the independent right to live and work in Sweden and be prepared to ensure that right remains throughout the scope of the contract. Additional requirements may become necessary pending EU Exit. If requirements change additional eligibility information will be shared during the recruitment process.
Please note that the deadline for applications is 23:55 on the day mentioned in the above field “Application deadline”.
We advise you to allow enough time to complete and submit your full application, since only applications completed and submitted before the deadline will be considered.
Please be aware that the deadline for submitting applications is considered to be the time zone for the country where the vacancy has arisen.
This opportunity is closed to applications.