View Vacancy - Trade Development Advisor – Aerospace campaign lead (UKR451)
The British Embassy in Kyiv, part of a world-wide network representing UK political, economic and consular interests overseas and is now looking for Trade Development Advisor to lead on priority high value Aerospace sector campaign of the Commercial Section of the Embassy (Department for International Trade). Department for International Trade is the British government department responsible for promoting British trade across the world and ensuring the UK takes advantage of the huge opportunities open to us.
The Trade Development Advisor will be responsible for developing and implementing a programme of activities to maximize British exports in the Aerospace and Defence & security sectors. Successful candidate will be expected to contribute to the provision of full range of Commercial Section’s services and also lead on the day to day budget management for the team. The initial contract term is 12 months, with a possible extension. The successful candidate will be expected to start as soon as possible.
Roles and responsibilities:
Lead on DIT Aerospace high value export campaign in the market (including but not limited to: developing & implementing a streamlined campaign plan, identifying and developing a pipeline of export opportunities, managing campaign budget, leading on senior relationships with relevant British and Ukrainian government/business officials, leading on high profile events, marketing and communications activities within the campaign, closely cooperating with Ministry of Defence/ Department for International Trade (DIT) sector colleagues and other government departments as appropriate, contributing to Ministerial briefings as required, providing a full range of DIT services to British businesses);
- Lead on Defence & Security Sector engagement with a view to maximise export opportunities for UK companies (including but not limited to: outlining the work-plan, developing and maintaining relationships with relevant British and Ukrainian companies, closely cooperating with MOD/DIT sector colleagues and other government departments as appropriate, providing full range of Commercial Section’s services);
- Provide support to general office/budget management (including but not limited to: providing response and assistance on general enquiries from the business community, support to Section’s budget management, ad-hoc support to other Embassy sections as necessary, support to admin of DIT internal reporting systems and full recording of services delivered);
- Degree level (Economics/Business Administration/Marketing or similar) and/or relevant work experience;
- Fluent English, Ukrainian and Russian language skills;
- Strong leadership, project and budget management skills;
- Self motivator and able to work without close supervision;
- Excellent communication skills, good team player;
- Desk/Internet research skills;
- Relevant computer experience including MS Office especially Excel and Word.
- Previous experience in relevant work and/or Aerospace/Defence & security sectors useful;
- Previous experience of delivering marketing/communications campaigns useful;
- Flexible and able to maintain professionalism under pressure.
This is a full-time position and fixed term contract of 12 months, with possible extension.
The successful candidate must have pre-existing work authorisation for Ukraine in order to apply.
All applicants should have the right to live and work in Ukraine. The British Embassy does not sponsor for work permits.
The successful candidate will be subject to professional background and security clearance.
Staff recruited locally by the British Embassy in Ukraine is subject to Terms and Conditions of Service according to local Ukrainian employment law.
Please be aware that the deadline for submitting applications is considered to be the time zone for the country where the vacancy has arisen.