View Vacancy - Receptionist (17/23 DAR)
The British Government is an inclusive and diversity-friendly employer. We value difference, promote equality and challenge discrimination, enhancing our organisational capability. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We do not discriminate on the basis of disability, race, colour, ethnicity, gender identity, religion, sexual orientation, age, veteran status or other category protected by law. We promote family-friendly flexible working opportunities, where operational and security needs allow.
Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office (Operations and Corporate Services)
Main purpose of job:
- Management of joint reception area for BHC Tanzania
- Provide administrative assistance as directed by Line Manager
Roles and responsibilities:
- Welcome visitors and alert staff of visitor’s arrival
- Handle and redirect calls through the switchboard
- Answer basic telephone queries or redirect to relevant staff member to answer
- Oversee the distribution of office newspapers
- Update and distribute BHC meeting room registers
- Receive / stamp incoming invoices & forward to budget monitors / accountants
- Arrange hotel reservations for various sections in British High Commission Tanzania
- Support payment process such as raise requisitions
- Excellent Communication and Interpersonal Skills, Customer Service, Team Working, Multitasking
Language: English and Kiswahili
Level of language required: Fluent Speaking
- Diploma level and above
- Customer Service Experience
Changing and Improving, Making Effective Decisions, Managing a Quality Service, Communicating and Influencing
12 December 2023
Administrative Assistant (AA)
United Republic of Tanzania
Dar Es Salaam
British High Commission
1 January 2024
Learning and development opportunities:
- FCDO Mandatory Courses
- Candidates must be willing to undergo the security clearance process.
- Applicants must have the right to live and work in Tanzania before applying.
- Please complete the application form in full as the information provided is used during screening.
- Please check your application carefully before you submit, as no changes can be made once submitted.
- The British High Commission will never request any payment or fees to apply for a position.
- Employees recruited locally by the British High Commission Dar Es Salaam are subject to Terms and Conditions of Service according to local employment law in Tanzania.
- All candidates must be legally able to work and reside in Tanzania.
- All candidates must be legally able to work and reside in the country of the vacancy with the correct visa/work permit status or demonstrate eligibility to obtain the relevant permit
- The responsibility lies on the successful candidate to;
Obtain the relevant permit
Pay fees for the permit
Make arrangements to relocate
Meet the costs to relocation
- Employees who are not liable to pay local income tax on their Mission salary may have their salaries reduced by the equivalent local income tax amount.
- Information about the Civil Service Success Profiles can be found on this link:
- Please note: Job grade AA=A1, AO=A2, EO=B3, HEO=C4, SEO=C5
- Reference checking and security clearances will be conducted on successful candidates.
- Please log into your profile on the application system on a regular basis to review the status of your application.
- Appointable candidates who were unsuccessful may be placed on a reserve list. If during the reserve period of 6/12 months the same or a largely similar role becomes available, that role may be offered to the second or subsequent candidate.
Please be aware that you will only be able to apply to vacancies for Country Based Staff roles with the British Government through this official tal.net site (operated by Oleeo). Jobs may be advertised on third party websites, however our adverts will always link back to the official tal.net site. If you complete and send an application through any other site, we will not receive it.
This opportunity is closed to applications.