View Vacancy - SRR - Trade Service Unit Advisor EO (maternity cover)
The British Embassy Riyadh has a vacancy for a Trade Service Unit Advisor under the Department for International Trade (DIT). This is to cover a period of maternity leave initially for four (4) months, which may be extended depending on when the current jobholder returns from maternity leave.
The Department for International Trade (DIT) is the Trade and Investment arm for the UK. We promote British trade and investment across the world, support UK business overseas, and attract foreign investment to our shores. We have over 3,000 staff across the globe in over 100 countries.
DIT divides the world into nine (9) regions, each led by Her Majesty’s Trade Commissioner (HMTC). The Middle East and Pakistan (MEaP) region is led from Dubai and represents 12 markets with a team of some 120 staff.
The MEaP Trade Service Unit is MEaP’s universal entry point for UK business. The Trade Service Unit Advisor is a role that functions on a regional basis yet is based in KSA, providing support to both colleagues in DIT in the KSA and the wider MEaP region, whilst working with International Trade Advisors in the UK and our SMEs. The main purpose of the role is to help UK SMEs enter the MEaP market and win business. However, the jobholder should also be flexible in responding to changes to priorities based on operational requirements as guided by the DIT KSA Director.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Working with the MEaP Trade Service Unit Operations Manager, you will support the running of the MEaP Hub.
- Review and answer enquiries sent to the MEaP Hub, adopting an effective relationships management approach for UK SMEs.
- Working with colleagues, you will be responsible for various defined tasks in support of UK companies currently in-market or looking to enter the market; helping them to spot opportunities as well as navigate the challenges. This could include attending either virtual or face-to-face briefings, trade missions, and/ or exhibitions in the KSA.
- Act as an advocate for the MEaP Trade Services Unit Hub externally and internally, and embed the Hub into MEaP team’s ways of working.
- Record, allocate, track and trace, and report all SME approaches; manage follow-up actions from enquiries and facilitate consultative client discussions with DIT MEaP colleagues and other key stakeholders.
- Work with the DIT MEaP Marketing and Communications Liaison to create materials to promote the Trade Service Unit.
- Conduct market research either by sector, country, or region, and prepare documentation and data to support SME business and internal DIT MEaP reporting tools, including devising metrics and compiling reports.
- Provide ad hoc administrative support to the Operations Manager in Dubai as required.
The above list is not exhaustive and the jobholder will be required to be flexible and take on other ad hoc tasks as required, including participating in the Embassy’s emergency planning and any other response to a crisis affecting UK citizens.
Key behaviours required:
- Managing a Quality Service - Delivering service objectives with professional excellence, expertise and efficiency, taking account of diverse customer needs.
- Working Together – Forming effective partnerships and relationships with people both internally and externally, from a range of diverse backgrounds, sharing information, resources and support.
- Delivering at Pace - Taking responsibility for delivering timely and quality results with focus and drive.
The position is available to Saudi Nationals and to current holders of valid Saudi residence permits or transferable iqamas. Applicants will be asked to provide evidence of their KSA iqama as part of their application.
The successful candidate will be required to transfer their sponsorship to the British Embassy.
- At least 2 years’ experience working in a trade-related and investment field or a relevant customer-facing role.
- Relevant professional or hands-on trade related experience in MEaP region and/ or holds a relevant undergraduate degree.
- Experience of market/ business data analysis and interpretation.
- Track record of delivery through collaboration and partnering in complex environments.
- Ability to prioritise own workload and meet deadlines without compromising the quality of the work.
- Ability to multi-task and respond quickly and flexibly to meet multiple and changing priorities.
- Strong interpersonal skills. Confident and comfortable dealing with senior officials and business people.
- Resilient, decisive with a can-do attitude, and calm under pressure and with a proactive approach to problem solving.
- Team player who is capable of working on their own initiative as well as with others, including in a fast-paced and changing environment.
- Excellent communication skills in English. Able to express ideas and messages clearly and concisely, both orally and in written communication.
- Strong IT skills and well versed in the use of Microsoft Office applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Teams).
- Experience of working in virtual teams.
- Experience of working in the private sector.
The Embassy aims to offer an attractive working environment and remuneration package for this role.
- Base Salary including Eid bonus - SAR 8,557.81
- Housing Allowance - SAR 2,139.45 (subject to eligibility)*
- Travel Allowance - SAR 400 (subject to eligibility)*
- Total - SAR 11,097.26
*Allowances are not payable to staff who receive official provision for such expenditure in some other form.
No accommodation and relocation expenses are payable in connection with this position.
This position is full-time, based on 35 hours per week. Normal working hours for the Embassy are from 08:00 to 15:00 from Sunday to Thursday, with core working hours from 10:00-15:00. Core working hours is the period of the day that employees are required to be at work. The working day outside of the core hours is a flexible period which allows employees to choose when they work, subject to operational needs.
The jobholder will be required to be flexible in their approach to hours worked as these will be dictated by operational needs and may involve working out of hours (evening and weekend), especially during events, visits, business receptions, and other networking activities. Flexible working arrangements will be considered based on operational requirements and upon agreement with the Line Manager and in line with the Embassy’s policies.
The successful candidate will be subject to a 90-day probationary period.
How to apply:
Interested candidates must attach 1) an updated Curriculum Vitae (CV) with a copy of KSA iqama (all in one file); 2) a covering letter/ motivation essay stating how you meet the requirements of the role; and 3) examples, in the relevant sections of the online application form, of how you meet the key behaviours required.
Applications that do not include these information will not be considered.
The closing date for applications is at 23:55 KSA local time on 17 August 2022.
Applications received after the stated deadline will not be considered.
Due to the large number of applications we receive, only those shortlisted for the next step in the recruitment process will be contacted.
The start date mentioned in the advert is an assumed start date and the successful candidate will be required to undergo security-vetting procedures. Any offer of employment will be subject to the candidate achieving suitable clearances, medical clearance and reference checks.
The British Embassy Riyadh is an equal opportunities employer, dedicated to inclusivity, a diverse workforce and valuing difference. Staff recruited locally by the British Embassy is subject to Terms and Conditions of Service according to local Saudi Arabia employment law.
This opportunity is closed to applications.