View Vacancy - Driver
The British Embassy in Washington, DC is seeking an experienced Driver to join our Joint Embassy Transport Team. The Joint Embassy Transport Team is part of Corporate Services and is responsible for providing a professional transportation service for the Embassy. This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced driver interested in a career with an outstanding organisation.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide transportation services to all levels of Diplomatic, Military and VIP personnel.
- Maintain daily journey records.
- Deputise for Transport Manager when required.
- Full compliance with Embassy Transport policy.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
• A minimum of 6 years driving experience is required. Experience in driving Diplomatic, Military or VIP personnel would be welcomed.
• Good customer service and communication skills are essential.
• Basic administration/IT skills (data entry, internet research, email and scheduling software).
• Must have an impeccable driving record and hold clean driving licence.
• Must be flexible with working hours (shift working).
• Must be a good team worker.
• Knowledge of the DC Metro area a plus
Under US State Department requirements, the UK Government in the US may only employ, as non-diplomatic staff, persons who are US citizens, US Permanent Residents or A visa holders with EAD cards*. If you hold a visa other than an A visa you are not currently eligible to work at our office. Please refer to our website for information on exceptions to this policy at www.gov.uk/government/world/usa. All selected candidates are subject to background checks and will require a security clearance prior to starting work.
*A visas are acceptable at the Embassy and Consulates. The UK Mission to the UN (UKMIS) accepts G visas, and British Defense Staff (BDS) outposts accept A or NATO visas.
Essential on arrival: Clean drivers licence and knowledge of the area
Desirable: Driven VIP’s before
Learning and development opportunities (and any specific training courses to be completed):
Various shifts from 07.00 until 23.00 and on call one weekend out of five.
Any other information
Must work well in a team and of smart appearance.
The UK Government operating in the US offers a substantial benefits package including generous leave, a choice of medical insurance, 401(k) matching up to 7%, extensive learning opportunities and a great work/life balance.
Staff recruited locally are subject to terms and conditions of service in accordance with US, state, and/or local employment law.
Individuals who are not a US taxpaying citizen will be paid a net salary based on a simulated US tax status.
Internal candidates must inform their supervisor before they apply to a different position.
Only successful candidates will be contacted. Please no phone calls. Due to the high volume of resumes we receive, we cannot guarantee consideration of your application if the submission instructions are not properly followed.
The British Embassy is committed to a policy of equal opportunities and to creating a diverse working environment, free from discrimination, where everyone is included and treated fairly, based on merit alone. We are an equal opportunity employer, making all employment decisions without regard to race, gender, religion, national origin, citizenship, disability, age, sexual orientation, political affiliation or any other criterion protected by law.
This opportunity is closed to applications.