View Vacancy - Prosperity Fund Programme Governance, Communication and Logistics Intern
Main purpose of job
The intern will perform cross-strand administrative work across the Prosperity Fund Portfolio for the Embassy as well as provide support on logistics, activities, events and communications, to ensure high quality outcomes working towards overall UK Government’s (HMG) objectives in Mexico.
The Programme team promotes HMG work on Prosperity, working on strategic projects and key policy work streams in order to assure efficient use of budgets and timely delivery of expected results while managing associated risks to deliver critical impacts in the UK-Mexico bilateral relationship.
Roles and responsibilities
- Support the Governance and Strategic Communications Manager of the Prosperity Fund team in delivering the Embassy’s communication objectives by monitoring project activities and events and participating in meetings with relevant teams across the Prosperity Fund to help follow up on actions, take minutes and provide Secretariat functions where required.
- Help gather and summarize information on Mexico’s Prosperity Fund updates. Help with general gathering of information on current and future needs and opportunities in Mexico.
- Help the Prosperity Fund Team to operate as efficiently as possible by ensuring effective communication with government departments, businesses, and other non-governmental institutions; as well as with all areas of the Embassy and stakeholders in the UK in order to facilitate and deliver Programme activities.
- Draft correspondence briefings for the team in Spanish and English as required.
- Work on the logistical aspects of visits and events to assure high quality outcomes including Value For Money (VFM).
- Provide administrative, financial and information management support under the Prosperity Fund.
- All employees in the Embassy network are expected, as part of their job to contribute towards the corporate activity organisation.
- Excellent attention to detail;
- Strong written and oral communication skills;
- Excellent interpersonal skills;
- Creative and analytical thinking
- Ability to work on own initiative;
- Honesty and reliability;
- Fluency in written and spoken English and Spanish
- Recently graduated or be enrolled in the last semesters of an undergraduate programme in Communications, International Relations, International Business, or similar.
- Previous experience working in the government sector or with NGOs.
- Interest in one or more of the Embassy’s priority areas: Rule of Law, Energy, Financial Services, Future Cities, Education and Health.
This is a fascinating and busy role allowing someone interested in business development to work in a great diplomatic mission at an exciting period in UK/Latin America trade and investment relations.
The job is suitable for flexible working patterns. Job holder must complete 25 hrs per week considering workload requirements. Any applicant wishing to apply flexible working patterns should have a plan in mind to ensure a mutually acceptable system can be put in place to ensure objectives can be delivered fully under the proposed patterns.
This job includes projects and administrative work; as such, this role is an excellent opportunity to gain wide experience in an international environment. This includes providing administrative support for a number of larger projects which are implemented by others. The Embassy encourages a culture of continuous learning and development.
The successful candidate will undergo a professional background check; Any job offer is also provisional to a successful security clearance check.
This opportunity is closed to applications.