View Vacancy - Executive Assistant to the Defence Adviser - B3, New Delhi
Note : All applicants are required to mandatorily fill the complete online application form including the employment and educational details, motivational segment and the competency based questions. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Main purpose of the job:
To act as the Executive assistant to the UK Defence Adviser providing admin support to the DA, ensuring his diary is maintained, VIP visits are coordinated, the Defence Section’s contacts database is maintained and up to date and official entertainment is organised, monitored and compliant.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Manage the UK Defence Adviser’s outer office, including his diary.
- Liaison between DA office, HMA and other senior management across the British High Commission.
- Management of external relationships, keeping the DA appraised to maintain up to date and relevant contacts throughout the Defence Network.
- Provide vital admin support to the DA, inc. all travel arrangements/bookings.
- Assist in the coordination of VIP visits.
- Coordinate Official Entertainment (DRE) for all Advisers and ensure appropriate financial approval is obtained and that DRE events are compliant. Issue and manage all Defence Section event guest lists.
- Maintain Defence Sections contact database.
- Maintain Defence Section hospitality and gift registers.
- Admin support to wider Defence Section as required, specifically for large events/delegations.
Learning and development opportunities:
The MOD will provide opportunities for Personal development with a variety of online courses, details can be found on the MOD Intranet.
Level of language required: Fluent
Other skills / experience / qualifications:
Essential on arrival:
- Strong written and oral communication skills with ability to absorb information quickly and efficiently.
- Proficient in the use of MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook and resourcefulness to efficiently search the web.
2-3 years of administrative experience.
This position is for British passport holders only.The duration of this position will be 6 months.
The starting salary will be INR 62,862 plus 80% Security allowance per month.
The BHC is recognised as a good employer, with a robust, fair and transparent performance management & appraisal system linked to increments and staff bonuses. We have a 5-day working week, plus annual leave, public holidays, maternity leave provision, special leave, paid sick leave provision; ample development opportunities, travel opportunities, a good organisational culture, and excellent work/life balance.
Around half of our work force is women. We treat people with respect and equality and have a policy of zero tolerance for any form of discrimination, bullying, or harassment. This is a good opportunity to be part of a strong, diverse team, working in the biggest network that FCO has anywhere across the globe. We are aiming to make it the best.
Please note applications without (a) and (b) will not be considered.
a) Complete the Online Application Form
b) Complete the motivation segment in the Online Application Form and the competency questions.
Internal Candidates please Note:
- While applying for this position, upload the appraisal forms for the previous 2 years (if applicable). They should also inform their current line managers, and check for the eligibility clause if on probation else the application will not be considered.
- Inform the line manager before applying for the position.
We will accept only online applications by “20th January2020” midnight.
Please Note :
- Applicants who do not have the required qualification & experience should kindly abstain from applying, as their applications will not be considered.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and no telephone enquires will be dealt with.
- The appointment will be subject to Police Verification and other checks including references, educational and professional.
We welcome all applications irrespective of age, race, colour, gender, disability, sexual orientation, religion, belief or creed. We are also open to applications from people who want to work flexibly.
This opportunity is closed to applications.