View Vacancy - SIN - Workflow Manager, Emergency Travel Documents Centre Singapore, B3(L)
The British High Commission Singapore is part of the Foreign and Commonwealth Office's (FCO) worldwide network of 270 posts, representing British political, military, economic and consular interests overseas.
Consular assistance is a FCO priority and issuing Emergency Travel Documents (ETDs) is a large part of the assistance offered to British nationals working or travelling overseas. Working in a busy team, you will work in tandem with the Operations manager and Team Leader to manage and coordinate the efficient flow of global ETD applications in the ETD Centres ensuring the ETD Centres meet the overall Service Level Agreement (SLA) of 2 working days for straightforward applications. Providing support, leadership and direction to ETD staff ensuring the overall workflow management of all ETD applications accepted via 54 posts within Europe, Asia Pacific and eventually the rest of the world once ETD roll out is completed, covering multiple regions and time zones.
Continuously monitor/review global ETD application queues in ETD Central in a high volume and high paced working environment, ensuring applications are moving efficiently through both ETD Centres (Madrid and Singapore)Task ETD staff with applications that require action, including the closure of old cases
- Lead and support a team of processors reviewing ETD applications
- Performance management; ensure processors are performing in accordance with the set KPIs and daily targets
- Support the Communications Assistant with application prioritisation and escalations of vulnerable customers and those who have a compassionate or urgent need for travel
- Make independent decisions on complex ETD cases (such as child applications and complex First Time Customers) including tasking/assigning ETD staff in the ETD Centres
- Follow up on tasked/assigned cases to ensure efficient completion of ETDs and the adherence to the 2 working day Service Level Agreement
- Ensure handovers between processors are completed and actioned
- Assist with ETD approvals and/or processing when/if required
- Oversight of the remote interview schedule
- Review the sent back for changes queue and action/task accordingly
- Provide input and recommendations for the development of ETD guidance and ETD policy
- Workforce management, setting shifts and schedules and ensure the ETD Centre has sufficient staffing coverage
Resources Managed:Daily shift leadership of processing team and Communications Assistant (4-6), daily tasking of a further 10-15 ETD staff.
- Experience working in a high paced, customer focused working environment
- Fully IT literate
- Attention to detail
- Experience in managing a team in a busy operation.
- Good leadership and organisational skills
- Experience working in a hub, centralised operation or processing centre
- Customer service skills with 3 years experience minimum.
- Good communication skills including senior management engagement.
- Fluency in English verbal and written, with excellent communications skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines under little supervision.
- Ability to respond flexibly to changing priorities, and occasionally work weekends and out of hours
- Experience in working to deadlines, benchmarks, key performance indicators and quality standards
- Knowledge or experience of working in consular services.
- Previous experience of working in a global delivery operation.
- Previous experience of collaborating with external suppliers and partners.
- Experience or knowledge of working in an international environment.
- Ability to gather and interpret customer insight/research data.
BHC Singapore offers time and financial support for the successful candidate to take advantage of professional learning and development opportunities inside and outside of the organisation.
BHC Singapore supports and promotes flexible working as a crucial part of our inclusive offering. These roles will all be done on a shift rotation basis, with a varying work schedule each week Monday through Sunday, including unsociable hours and public holidays.
The exact working hours and shifts will be determined by the BHC Singapore, the ETD Centre may be open 24/7 and the working patterns will reflect this.
No accommodation or relocation expenses are payable in connection with this position. You must have or be able to obtain a local work permit. Where minimum salary levels are met the British High Commission will sponsor and apply for the relevant work permit.
Staff recruited locally by the British High Commission are subject to terms and conditions of service according to local Singapore employment law.
Employment offers are subject to successful clearance of pre-employment checks. Only short-listed applications will be called for personal interviews.
The British High Commission is an equal opportunities employer and does not discriminate on grounds of ethnic origin, race, religious beliefs, age, disability, gender or sexual orientation.
All applications must be received before 11:55PM (Singapore Time) on 22 January 2020.
Incomplete application forms will not be taken into consideration, so please ensure you provide the information requested. We regret to advise that we will only be contacting short-listed candidates. Applicants called for an interview will be assessed on the core competencies listed above.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted regarding the next phase of the selection process. To those applicants not short-listed, we extend our appreciation for considering the British Government as a potential employer.
This opportunity is closed to applications.