View Vacancy - VNM - Communications Intern
Main purpose of job:
We are looking for a dynamic, creative and proactive individual to join our Communications Team at the British Embassy Hanoi. The Communications Team works with teams across the UK’s network in Vietnam (Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh City) to communicate the UK’s activities and advocacy to audiences in Vietnam with the intent to positively influence thinking and perceptions of the UK. The successful candidate will need to work closely with Communications Managers to support the implementation of communication strategies internally and externally.
Expect to roll up your sleeves, contribute ideas and prepare to learn a lot through hands-on experience. This is a unique chance to be engaged in an international environment, take ownership of a wide range of projects, and learn about how the British do diplomacy. Alongside delivering the communications activities, you will have a tailored programme to learn and work with British diplomats, including the Ambassador. Previous experience in graphic design and/or video production is preferred.
Roles and responsibilities / what will the jobholder be expected to achieve?:
Communications interns: included but not are limited to
- Supporting Communications Managers in delivering internal and external communications activities;
- Monitoring and sharing summaries of the media to inform policy leads of important developments;
- Assisting in the creation of promotional materials (banners, backdrops. etc) and graphics/videos as needed;
- Assisting in communications evaluation by creating reports based on social media insights and mainstream media coverage;
- Assisting in event organisation and photographing/filming at events as needed;
- Translating communication materials in to Vietnamese / English for use on social media and press materials;
- Supporting the work of other teams for network resilience when needed;
- Assisting with the promotion of Wales in Vietnam.
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written)
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Experience in supporting marketing/communications and event organisation
- Experience in designing and creating communications and promotional materials
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and multi-task effectively
- Good team-working skills and the ability to develop productive relationships with other teams around the network
- Relevant qualification and/or relevant experience
- Familiarity with UK culture
- Experience in designing visuals for social media and producing videos
The intern positions being advertised are full-time and will be based in Hanoi.
There are two (2) intern vacancies available. The contract duration of each intern will be 3 months: 1 intern for the period of Feb - May 2020 and 1 intern from May- August 2020.
Learning and development opportunities (and any specific training courses to be completed):
The British Embassy is committed to being a learning and development organisation and encourages all staff to pursue continued learning and development in the workplace. We offer a supportive and friendly working environment where staff work to the values of: integrity, honesty, objectivity and impartiality. Everyone is encouraged to take responsibility, be innovative and work together.
All applications must be received before 23:55 Vietnam Standard Time on the specified application deadline.
Incomplete application forms will not be taken into consideration, so please ensure you provide the information requested. We regret to advise that we will only be contacting short-listed candidates. Applicants called for an interview will be assessed on the core competencies listed above.
The successful candidate should be able to start as soon as possible.
This opportunity is closed to applications.