View Vacancy - Head of Estates FCO Brazil Network
Main Purpose of Job
The Head of Estates for the One HMG network in Brazil will be based in Brasilia or Sao Paulo but will travel across the Brazil network to provide the estates intelligent client function and day to day leadership and management function as an Estates professional to ensure the One HMG estate supports, keeps safe and allows stakeholders to deliver their primary functions.
Accountability and ownership of the performance of the One HMG estate and facilities expenditure within this region is essential, along with building effective customer relationships. The Head of Estates will enable and proactively manage and support the day-to-day delivery of effective Facilities Management/Estates services in accordance with FCO, One HMG and post requirements. The role will also ensure that services are delivered to the required standards and within agreed budgets. The Head of Estates will be responsible for a ‘Total’ facilities management delivery model including: Soft FM (cleaning, porterage, inventory control, catering, security, window cleaning), Hard FM (Mechanical, electrical, public health systems, HVAC, building envelope, security infrastructure), Grounds maintenance (hard and soft), Sustainability.
Reporting to the regional Manager from the central estates function and counter signed by the Director of Corporate Services at post, the Head of Estates duties & responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- The Head of estates will be responsible for the leadership and management of the network estate team across Brazil. The Head of estates will directly line manage the B3 Estate Manager. The Head of Estates will ensure robust line management processes are in place covering L&D, performance management, effective tasking & holding to account, and forward planning for all projects and day to day estates work, including ensuring full compliance of all H&S and property compliance procedures.
- Implementing and overseeing a robust Asset Management, PPM system, including implementing the TTR and H&S review recommendations
- Providing clarity and guidance on estates matters as they arise, ensuring a consistent approach is being taken across the region.
- Overseeing estate legal compliance with the local supply chain or directly employed staff, stakeholders and Post to maintain a safe and compliant environment in our offices, facilities and staff accommodation.
- Developing and maintaining productive relationships with stakeholders across the One HMG Brazil network, with the customers/building users/FCO directorates & departments and representatives of the delivery supply chain, ensuring customer expectations are properly managed.
- Ensuring that the needs of all stakeholders are identified, communicated and acted upon as appropriate, in line with correct processes, procedures and protocols
- Providing a quality customer service on all estates matters across Brazil, ensuring a consistent approach is being taken across all posts.
- Oversee the estate team delivery of the local Service Level Agreement, ensuring all estate roles and responsibilities are delivered within the deadlines.
- Developing and managing a robust cyclic monitoring, measuring and performance regime for the supply chain (be it external or internal) against agreed and focused key performance indicators and continuous improvement plans. Provide regular performance reports to post as agreed with the Director of Corporate services.
- Act as the Client/primary point of contact for all Forward Maintenance Register projects, capital investment projects, major lifecycle replacement programmes and investment development appraisals.
- Act as the network facilities management/estates Health and Safety champion/advisor and chair the regular H&S working groups/committees as directed by Post.
- Participate in appropriate (initial and continuous) training as required including but not limited to: Legionella Duty Holder/Responsible Officer, Fire Safety Manager, Safe systems of work familiarisation, construction and design management regulations (CDM), construction/operational site safety management etc as directed by Director of Corporate Services (and guided by FMCU).
- Post training and familiarisation take on specific duties of Fire Safety Manager, Legionella duty holder and operational H&S officer/responsible person for the Brazil network.
- Within delegated authorities; manage and account for estates related budgets and expenditure to the principles of value for money, public funds accountability and local/national fraud prevention measures. Act of budget holder and track annual expenditure/financial risk liabilities as directed by Director of Corporate Services.
- Design, develop, manage and be the owner/custodian of an Estates wider risks and issues log and provide regular updates on the log to post/stakeholders as required.
- Act as the point of contact/liaison officer with other FCO stakeholders including CCP, Security, FMCU and Estates.
- Provide operational support to the finance/commercial team as agreed.
- Act as the network sustainability champion and chair the sustainability committee as directed by the Director of Corporate services.
- The Head of Estates will be responsible and owner of estates related contingency plans and act as incident coordinator in emergency situations as directed by the HOM.
- Act as estates inventory control manager as agreed with HOM.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
Overseeing legal compliance with the Supply Chain and Post to maintain a safe and compliant environment in our offices and staff accommodation. Working alongside the FMCU Head of Global Compliance to ensure a consistent approach to a risk based compliance to maximise and demonstrate facilities compliance.
Developing and maintaining productive relationships with the Posts within Brazil, with the customers/building users/FCO directorates & departments and representatives of the supply chain, ensuring customer expectations are properly managed.
Ensuring that the needs of all stakeholders are identified, communicated and acted upon as appropriate, in line with correct processes and protocols.
The Head of estates will be responsible for the leadership and management of the network estate team across Brazil. The Head of estates will directly line manage the B3 Estate Manager. The Head of Estates will ensure robust line management processes are in place covering L&D, performance management, effective tasking & holding to account, and forward planning for all projects and day to day estates work, including ensuring full compliance of all H&S and property compliance procedures.
Providing clarity and guidance on estates matters as they arise, ensuring a consistent approach is being taken across the region.
Participate in performance monitoring including providing input and taking part in the local Governance meetings as required
Act as the Client/point of contact for all Forward Maintenance Register projects, managing the delivery from budgeting to operational
Budget management, review quotations submitted by Service Provider, ensuring that works are delivered in accordance with pricing model
Act as the network facilities management/estates Health and Safety and sustainability champion/advisor and chair the regular H&S/sustainability working groups/committees as directed by Post.
- Team Leadership and management skills
- A comprehensive understanding of delivery of Total Facilities Management, including contract management and technical facilities, ideally with exposure to international facilities management
- Health & Safety legislation knowledge
- Strong communication and customer engagement
- Supplier management skills
- Good negotiating and influencing skills
- Good financial literacy and reporting experience
- Ability to evidence capability against the FCO core competencies for this position, namely: Delivering Results; Problem Solving and Judgement; Customer Focus and Communicating and Influencing.
- Strong English language written and spoken
- Professional qualifications or equivalent in a Property/FM or engineering related subject, and membership of a property/FM related professional body.
- Knowledge of and ability to communicate in one or more of the languages used within the region.
- Good knowledge of public sector/regional procurement regulations
Pre-existing legal status to live and work in Brazil.
The Head of Estates for the One HMG network in Brazil will be based in Brasilia or Sao Paulo
This opportunity is closed to applications.