View Vacancy - Customer Services Officer / Receptionist (GEO23.625)
The British Embassy in Tbilisi is part of a worldwide network, representing British political, economic and consular interests overseas and is seeking to recruit a Customer Services Officer / Receptionist.
The jobholder will be part of the corporate services section and will be responsible for providing reception and secretarial support services to the Embassy and its senior leadership.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
A professional first point of contact for in-person visitors to the Embassy, and enquiries by telephone and email. In addition, coordinator of contact details within the Embassy:
- Providing full reception and telephony service;
- Monitoring the Embassy’s enquiry mailbox, and distributing information to relevant staff;
- Maintaining up-to-date staff phone lists, and directories of hotels and airline companies used regularly by the Embassy.
Strong support to the Corporate Services team and wider Embassy in respect of the Embassy’s diplomatic functions:
- Liaising with the Ministry of Foreign Affairs MFA on the accreditation of diplomatic staff;
- Arranging dispatch and receipt of Embassy shipments/deliveries;
- Coordinating applications by diplomatic staff for visas for official travel, and for airport access passes when necessary;
- Updating information in the outline expenditure guide used by British Government staff making official visits to Georgia;
- Supporting diplomatic staff in arrangements with local service providers.
Assistance to the Corporate Services team in other aspects of the Embassy’s administration:
- Coordinating the daily vehicle schedules of the Embassy drivers;
- Making travel reservations on behalf of staff making official journeys;
- Administering the purchases of goods and services up to a certain value, including responsibility as a procurement card holder for low-value purchases;
- Maintaining Embassy stationery and cleaning supplies;
- Liaising with various local service providers;
- Providing ad hoc translation services.
Cover for Executive Assistant to the Ambassador:
- Managing the Ambassador’s diary and setting up internal/external meetings; organising transport as necessary;
- Giving direction to Embassy staff who are organising events to be hosted by the Ambassador; liaising with Corporate Services and others on the logistics for these events;
- Supporting the Manager of the Ambassador’s Residence to ensure that the Residence is well prepared for all official meetings and events taking place there;
- Coordinating the Ambassador’s role in Embassy-organised programmes for visiting Ministers, officials, etc.
- Proficiency in English and Georgian (written and spoken, minimum of C1 level for CEFR framework*);
- Previous reception or customer services experience of at least 3 years;
- Experience of working for an international organisation would be an advantage;
- Strong IT skills (office programs).
- Proficiency in Russian (written and spoken, minimum of C1 level for CEFR framework*);
This is a full-time of 40h/week (Monday to Friday from 09:00 to 17:00) and permanent contract. The gross monthly salary is 3,193 GEL.
Please note that staff members are responsible for paying any income tax and state pension contributions required by local law.
The successful candidate will be subject to a professional background check and security clearance.
Staff recruited locally by the British Embassy in Tbilisi is subject to local Terms and Conditions of Service.
All applicants should have the right to live and work in Georgia. The British Embassy does not sponsor applications for work permits.
Please be advised that the deadline for applications is 23:55 on the day mentioned in the above field “Application deadline”.
We advise you to allow enough time to complete and submit your full application, since only applications completed and submitted before the deadline will be considered.
Please be aware that the deadline for submitting applications is considered to be the time zone for the country where the vacancy has arisen.
Please be advised that the British Embassy will not be able to meet the travel costs incurred when travelling to the interview, nor the costs connected with relocation if offered a position.
* Please note for more information on the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages: Learning, Teaching, Assessment levels please click on the following link CEFR. Please bear in mind in case you are invited for an interview your language skill is going to be assessed.
This opportunity is closed to applications.