View Vacancy - Health & Safety and Fire Safety Officer AO (09/23 KSH)
Main purpose of job:
Reporting to the Head of the Estates Team the successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring that the British Embassy Kinshasa and our office in Goma complies with all Health & Safety (H&S) and Fire safety standards, including playing an active role in the Post Compliance Assessments (PCA) process and proactively supporting all staff with H&S and fire safety issues and awareness. The jobholder will also be expected to contribute to the wider Corporate Services Team objectives; this may include project management, finance and budgeting, contract management and procurement amongst others.
Language: English and French
Level of language required: Fluent written and spoken English.
This will be tested as part of the recruitment process
Learning and development opportunities (and any specific training courses to be completed):
The successful applicant will be booked onto the relevant Health and Safety training on appointment Fire safety training will continue to be provided to ensure the British embassy and our office in Goma comply with regulations.
- Please complete the application form in full as the information provided is used during screening.
- Please check your application carefully before you submit, as no changes can be made once submitted.
- The British Embassy will never request any payment or fees to apply for a position.
- Employees recruited locally by the British Embassy in Kinshasa are subject to Terms and Conditions of Service according to local employment law in Democratic Republic of Congo.
- All candidates must be legally able to work and reside in the country of the vacancy with the correct visa/work permit status or demonstrate eligibility to obtain the relevant permit.
- The British Embassy does not sponsor visas/work permits except where it may be local practice to do so.
- Employees who are not liable to pay local income tax on their Mission salary may have their salaries reduced by the equivalent local income tax amount
- Information about the Civil Service Success Profiles can be found on this link: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/success-profiles
- Please note: AA=A1, AO=A2, EO=B3, HEO=C4, SEO=C5
- Reference checking and security clearances will be conducted on successful candidates.
- Appointable candidates who were unsuccessful may be placed on a ‘reserve list’. If during the reserve period of 6 months the same or a largely similar role becomes available, that role may be offered to the second or subsequent candidate.
This opportunity is closed to applications.