View Vacancy - Estates Manager A2, Helsinki (FIN19.162)
The British Embassy in Helsinki is part of a world-wide network representing British political, economic and consular interests overseas and is now looking for a Estates Manager (EM).
The Estates Manager (EM) is responsible for the management of the Estate including the Embassy, Residence, owned and rented properties. The EM ensures the mechanical and electrical (M&E) systems of the Embassy operate correctly and ensures that all service and repair work is carried out efficiently and correctly. The EM works with FCO processes coordinating and executing recommendations from the UK Estates and Security Department.
Duties include Contract Management, Procurement, Tendering, Facilities Management and responsibility for budget tracking and forecasting. The EM is Line Manager to an Estates Assistant and Cleaner.
In more detail, main responsibilities will include:
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- First point of contact for maintenance and repair requests
- Co-ordinating action on faults or break-down of machinery or equipment in all properties
- Managing and monitoring annual service contracts
- Liaising with local & UK contractors regarding maintenance and repair works
- Locating suitable properties for UK-based officers and managing rental contracts
- Arranging furniture moves and procurement
- Maintaining accurate records of maintenance and repair work on internal systems
- Undertaking works recommended by Regional department compliance reports
- Ensuring planning and coordinating of Forward Maintenance register as required
Finance & Procurement
- Providing basic financial information on Estates issues for planning
- Ensuring budgets are properly managed and that Value For Money objectives are achieved
- Requisitioning of Estates purchase orders
- Checking invoices for accuracy before payment
- Handling queries on Estates invoices
- Identifying and preparing business cases for Estates projects
Line Management & Other duties
- Line Management responsibility for Estates Assistant and Cleaner
- Other tasks supporting the Corporate Services Section as required
- Fluency in Finnish and English (both oral and written)
- Minimum of 2 years Facilities, Estates or Building Management experience
- Budgeting forecasting Experience
- Line Management Experience
- IT literacy including MS office (Excel, Outlook)
- Health and Safety knowledge
- Fire Safety knowledge
- Building/Facilities Management qualification
This is a full-time permanent contract of 36.25 hours per week.
The appointment is subject to professional background check, security clearance and the successful completion of a probationary period.
All applicants must currently hold the independent right to live and work in Finland and be prepared to ensure that right remains throughout the scope of the contract. The British Embassy does not sponsor for work permits.
Staff recruited locally by the British Embassy in Finland are subject to Terms and Conditions of Service according to local Finnish employment law and FCO guidance for Local Staff.
Visa / passport requirements: must currently hold the independent right to live and work in Finland and be prepared to ensure that right remains throughout the scope of the contract.const
Please note that the deadline for applications is 23:55 on the day mentioned in the above field “Application deadline”.
We advise you to allow enough time to complete and submit your full application, since only applications completed and submitted before the deadline will be considered.
Please be aware that the deadline for submitting applications is considered to be the time zone for the country where the vacancy has arisen.
FCO does not pay for travel related expense incurred in interviews (including Security Check) or accept any financial risk, including cancellation or reschedule costs. The FCO will not meet the costs connected with relocation if offered a position.
This opportunity is closed to applications.