View Vacancy - Network HR Manager for Istanbul or Ankara (TUR19.241)
The British Embassy Turkey Network is part of a worldwide network representing British political, economic and consular interests overseas and is seeking an experienced team leader to take up the position of Network Human Resources Manager. The successful candidate will report to the Corporate Services Manager and will be part of the Turkey Network Corporate Services team, based in Ankara or Istanbul, depending on jobholder's geographical area.
We are looking for an experienced HR Manager to lead on implementing the British Embassy Turkey Network HR policies. The Network HR Manager will be responsible for delivering UK Foreign and Commonwealth Office HR policies for locally engaged staff through a team of two and in liaison with the Regional HR Hub, managing the Network local staff payroll, liaison with the legal advisors and SGK, providing advice and guidance for both staff and the Network management team.
This challenging role requires excellent interpersonal, communication and customer focus skills, tact and extreme discretion. He/she will be responsible for the improvement and effective delivery of HR services, provides leadership and strategic direction to the Senior Managament Team in relation to local labour law and social insurance regulations.
The role requires someone that is innovative, energetic, as well as a self-starter and experienced manager with a successful HR management background. The Turkey Network’s staffing numbers have grown rapidly in recent years and the successful candidate will have a wide degree of responsibility for implementing the FCO HR policy for the Turkey Network staff. The ideal candidate will be efficient in multi tasking and will have effective team working with proven leadership and line management skills.
The successful candidate will be required to take up the position immediately.
In more detail, main responsibilities will include:
- Responsibility for ensuring good quality Human Resources service is given to staff in a timely manner by HR team members;
- Oversee Turkey Network HR procedures and ensure internal guidance is followed by sections;
- Lead on review, development and implementation of HR policies with Senior Management;
- Lead on the communication with the HR Hub in Lisbon and attend weekly/monthly calls to support them;
- Oversee all aspects of Human Resources including induction, learning & development and performance management;
- Organise and attend the appraisal moderating committee meetings as HR lead;
- Lead on learning and development throughout the Network;
- Lead in staff disciplinary and grievance processes;
- Manage the HR Team and monitor their work. Provide advice to HR Officer in Ankara when necessary;
- Build strong individual and organizational relationships and interact with the Budget Manager, Regional HR Hub, Financial Advisor, and the Legal Advisors regarding legal and social security issues.
- Fluency in English and Turkish (both oral and written);
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field, such as Business Administration or Social Sciences;
- Qualification in Human Resources Management;
- At least 5 years of experience in HR area in an international business environment and knowledge of local labour law;
- Advanced user of Microsoft Office Applications and general database programmes;
- Proven leadership skills;
- Excellent interpersonal skills;
- Proven negotiation and influencing skills;
- Discretion when dealing with sensitive staff issues;
- Motivated and able to work with limited supervision;
- Ability to prioritise own workload and meet deadlines, without compromising the quality of work or customer care;
- Adaptable and open to change;
- Attention to detail.
- Knowledge of payroll.
This is a full-time permanent contract, for 5 working days (36.25 hours net) per week.
The monthly salary for this position is 2,602.41 USD gross B3 level. Please note that staff members are responsible for paying any income tax required by local law.
All applicants should have the right to live and work in Turkey. The British Embassy Turkey Network does not sponsor for work permits.
The successful candidate will be subject to professional background check, security clearance and a probation period of 2 months.
Staff recruited locally by the British Embassy Turkey Network subject to Terms and Conditions of Service according to local Turkish employment law.
British Diplomatic Missions are equal opportunities employers, dedicated to inclusivity, a diverse workforce and valuing difference. We are committed to developing a learning organisation that enhances business performance, maximises our staff’s potential and encourages staff innovation and development.
Please note that the deadline for applications is 23:55 on the day mentioned in the above field “Application deadline”.
We advise you to allow enough time to complete and submit your full application, since only applications completed and submitted before the deadline will be considered.
Please be aware that the deadline for submitting applications is considered to be the time zone for the country where the vacancy has arisen.
Please be advised that the British Embassy Turkey Network will not be able to meet the travel costs incurred when travelling to the interview, nor the costs connected with relocation if offered a job.
This opportunity is closed to applications.