View Vacancy - Finance Officer (SWE19.251)
The British Embassy in Sweden is part of a world-wide network, representing British political, economic and consular interests overseas is looking for a Finance Officer. The Finance Officer is responsible for day-to-day finance tasks of the Embassy working closely together with Deputy Corporate Services Manager.
This role provides:
- Support to the Deputy Corporate Services Manager and other members of the team on all finance matters;
- Deliver an efficient and professional accounts service in line with Foreign & Commonwealth Office (FCO) financial policy and objectives;
- Provide a professional Salary & Pensions service in line with Swedish labour law, best practice and central FCO policy.
In more detail, main responsibilities will include:
- To run the accounts office efficiently and in compliance with audit/financial best practice requirements, promptly processing all receipts, preparing centrally required financial returns, reconciliations and yearly checks;
- Oracle housekeeping; open purchase orders, Goods Received Not Invoiced (GRNI), Invoices on Hold;
- Procurement; creation of Distribution Sets for routine payments for rent, school fees, utilities and setting up own Purchase Orders as necessary.
- Electronic banking, taking care of the direct debit mandates and payments;
- Reviewing payment batches;
- Monitoring and management of Utilities budgets and contracts for residential and non-residential properties;
- Working closely with the Global processing team in the UK;
- Dealing with queries, circulating the exchange rate, supporting Embassy staff with questions, e.g. in relation with iexpenses, Corporate Credit Cards, etc;
- Record keeping/filing of paperwork in accordance with FCO guidelines;
- Preparation of invoices to be forwarded to the UK for processing, bank statement entry follow up, and creating debit memos;
- Preparation and submission of quarterly VAT returns;
- Provide support with forecasting data input;
- Back-up requisitioning with Oracle.
Salaries & Pensions Administration
- Assist in managing and tracking budget calculations;
- Prepare monthly salaries using propriety payroll software;
- Prepare, pay and report Pension and Social Security payments;
- Work with and support HR Officer with new staff set-ups.
- Other duties that may reasonably be required and which are in accordance with the grading and core competencies of the job.
- Fluency in English and Swedish (both oral and written) at C1 level;
- At least 2 years recent experience with accounting and budget management ideally in a Finance and HR setting;
- Accounting qualification;
- Excellent organisational skills and good attention to detail;
- Ability to deliver high quality work within deadlines;
- Excellent communication skills and strong customer focus;
- Able to think logically and solve problems;
- Ability to work independently, but also with colleagues and contacts in the immediate and wider teams as appropriate;
- Excellent IT skills, especially standard MS Office applications (Word, Excel and outlook).
- Some work experience in a HR and Finance management environment;
- Experience of working with oracle-based accounting system (PRISM);
- Practical procurement experience.
This is a full-time permanent position.
All applicants should have the right to live and work in Sweden. The British Embassy does not sponsor for work permits.
According to the Swedish Ministry for Foreign Affairs, locally employed staff should either be Swedish citizens, EU citizens or permanent residents of any nationality registered in the population register when beginning their employment. Registration in the population register is not possible once employment has begun. For more information, please consult:
The successful candidate will be subject to confirmation of a background check and security clearance.
Visa / Passport requirements: Candidates must currently hold the independent right to live and work in Sweden and be prepared to ensure that right remains throughout the scope of the contract.
Please note that the deadline for applications is 23:55 on the day mentioned in the above field “Application deadline”.
We advise you to allow enough time to complete and submit your full application, since only applications completed and submitted before the deadline will be considered.
Please be aware that the deadline for submitting applications is considered to be the time zone for the country where the vacancy has arisen.
This opportunity is closed to applications.