View Vacancy - Estates Manager for Istanbul (TUR19.242)
British Consulate General in Istanbul is part of a worldwide network representing British political, economic and consular interests overseas and is seeking an experienced manager to take up the position of Estates Manager. The successful candidate will report to the Corporate Services Manager and will be part of the Turkey Network Corporate Services team.
We are looking for an experienced manager to lead on managing and running the Consulate’s office and residential estates. The Estates Manager will be responsible for delivering secure and safe accommodation to UK Based Staff, managing rental contracts, related procurement and maintenance. This challenging role requires excellent interpersonal, communication and customer focus skills, tact and discretion. He/she is responsible for the improvement and effective delivery of Estates services and provides leadership and strategic direction to the Estates team comprising the Technical Works Group, Accommodation Team, Events and Housekeeping teams.
The role requires someone that is innovative, energetic, as well as a self-starter and experienced manager with a successful estates management background. The Consulate’s residential housing stock has grown rapidly in recent years and the successful candidate will have a wide degree of responsibility for implementing the Foreign and Commonwealth Office residential accommodation and maintenance policy in Istanbul. The ideal candidate will be efficient in multi tasking and will have effective team working with proven leadership and line management skills.
The successful candidate will be required to take up the position immediately.
In more detail, main responsibilities will include:
- Accommodation Decisions & Management: contract management of Consulate properties, UK based staff arrival and departures procedures, management of the Consulate stores, calculations for accommodation in relation to the FCO’s Estates Department in London for budget forecasting, Pyramid database upkeep;
- Leading on Estates projects in liaison with the FCO Services, Technical Works Officers and the Estates Directorate in London;
- Supply, maintenance, storage and arrangement of all office furniture and fittings;
- Act as a first point of contact for all Istanbul estate related queries, providing advice and escalating issues to the Corporate Services Manager where necessary;
- Supporting the Ankara Estates Manager with management of the Network’s rental budget of over £2.2 million by controlling spend, and providing them with regular reports;
- Delivery & Management of Procurement: Purchasing for estates matters, supply chain management, all Purchase to Pay responsibilities before and after consolidation to UK;
- Line management of three staff: the Business Hospitality and Events Manager, Accommodation Officer and the Technical Estates Officer – and countersigning of their teams;
- Covering finance related duties of the Deputy Corporate Services Manager in their absence;
- Any other duties as assigned by the Corporate Services Manager.
- Fluency in English and Turkish (both oral and written);
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, architecture or any other relevant field;
- At least 5 years of experience in dealing with Estates issues in an international environment;
- Advanced user of Microsoft Office Applications;
- Proven leadership skills;
- Excellent interpersonal skills;
- Proven negotiation and influencing skills;
- Clean and valid driving licence;
- Motivated and able to work with limited supervision;
- Ability to prioritise own workload and meet deadlines, without compromising the quality of work or customer care;
- Adaptable and open to change;
- Attention to detail.
- Good knowledge of the Oracle based Prism system on the procurement side would be an advantage;
- Previous knowledge and experience of both Turkish and British Health and Safety systems;
- Knowledge of lease agreements, rental market rates and proven negotiation skills.
This is a full-time permanent contract, for 5 working days (36.25 hours net) per week.
The monthly salary for this position is 2,602.41 USD gross B3 level. Please note that staff members are responsible for paying any income tax required by local law.
All applicants should have the right to live and work in Turkey. The British Consulate General in Istanbul does not sponsor for work permits.
The successful candidate will be subject to professional background check, security clearance and a probation period of 2 months.
Staff recruited locally by The British Consulate General in Istanbul is subject to Terms and Conditions of Service according to local Turkish employment law.
British Diplomatic Missions are equal opportunities employers, dedicated to inclusivity, a diverse workforce and valuing difference. We are committed to developing a learning organisation that enhances business performance, maximises our staff’s potential and encourages staff innovation and development.
Please note that the deadline for applications is 23:55 on the day mentioned in the above field “Application deadline”.
We advise you to allow enough time to complete and submit your full application, since only applications completed and submitted before the deadline will be considered.
Please be aware that the deadline for submitting applications is considered to be the time zone for the country where the vacancy has arisen.
Please be advised that the British Consulate General in Istanbul will not be able to meet the travel costs incurred when travelling to the interview, nor the costs connected with relocation if offered a job.
This opportunity is closed to applications.