View Vacancy - VNM - Trade Officer, Healthcare, B3 (L)
Main purpose of job:
The Department for International Trade (DIT) was established by the Prime Minister in July 2016. We secure UK and global prosperity by promoting and financing international trade and investment and championing free trade. The DIT Team in Vietnam has a network of 2 trade teams based in the British Embassy in Hanoi and the Consulate-General in Ho Chi Minh City. We work closely with key partners, in particular the British Business Group of Vietnam.
Working closely with the Healthcare Trade Officer based in the British Embassy in Hanoi, you will be responsible for leading DIT’s activities across the healthcare sector, including in digital health, clinical and professional services, education and training, healthcare infrastructure and medical equipment and devices.
You will work to maintain and further develop a strong network of commercial contacts and with officials in the Vietnam government and across the healthcare sector in Vietnam. You will need to be able to leverage those networks to achieve commercial outcomes for UK companies, developing an account management strategy to help identify and build a robust pipeline of trade opportunities and carrying out planned marketing activities to promote UK expertise in the sector.
The successful candidate will need a good knowledge of the healthcare sector in Vietnam. You will need to be able to communicate this to a British audience and be able to articulate the opportunities for British companies to increase their exports to Vietnam.
You will need to be a self-starter, able to manage your own time effectively, evaluating options, impacts, risks and solutions – knowing when and how to seek advice from others. You will also be expected to make a positive contribution to the wider DIT and One-HMG team across the Vietnam network. Occasional travel to Hanoi and within the ASEAN region will be required.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Establish, develop and maintain a network of key contacts across Vietnam’s healthcare sector.
- UK Exports: Provide advice, support and guidance to UK healthcare companies seeking to establish new operations, or expand existing operations, in Vietnam. Support exports of these companies by introducing to relevant clients and by designing and delivering activities, such as trade missions and matchmaking events, designed to build the UK brand and grow UK energy exports.
- Work with UK healthcare companies to understand and feedback any potential concerns of market access barriers to trade opportunities in Vietnam.
- Organise sector related activities and events, including inward/outward visits, trade missions and workshops and contribute to inward and outward VIP visit programmes as appropriate.
- Participate in the activities and events conducted by industry associations and other multipliers, building awareness of DIT in the business community and serving as a point of contact for UK market information.
- Proactive self starting approach to work with the ability to deliver effectively with limited day-to-day supervision in a fast paced environment;
- A network of industry contacts in the healthcare sector in Vietnam, or the ability to develop such a network;
- Strong interpersonal and networking skills;
- IT proficiency, including Office and the ability to learn FCO applications/systems.
- Experience of working with the Vietnamese government;
- Knowledge of the healthcare sector in Vietnam.
The British Consulate-General supports and promotes flexible working. The standard working hours for the BHC are 8:45am to 5:00pm (Mon-Thurs) and (08:45-15:00) Fri. We are happy to offer a variety of flexible working patterns, including non-standard working hours, working remotely or working compressed hours. However, due to the nature of the role, there will be a requirement for occasional out of hours work around events and visits. Time off in lieu can be offered to make up for out of hours work.
Employment offers are subject to the successful clearance of pre-employment checks.
Staff recruited locally by the British Consulate General Ho Chi Minh is subject to Terms and Conditions of Service according to local employment law.
All applications must be received before 23:55 Vietnam Standard Time on the specified application deadline.
Incomplete application forms will not be taken into consideration, so please ensure you provide the information requested. We regret to advise that we will only be contacting short-listed candidates. Applicants called for an interview will be assessed on the core competencies listed above.
This opportunity is closed to applications.