View Vacancy - MYR - Post Security Manager, B3 (L)
Main purpose of job:
Reporting to the Post Security Officer (who is also the Deputy Head of Mission), the Post Security Manager is responsible for monitoring threats, leadership and supervision of the guard force and, in consultation with the Regional Overseas Security Manager, providing professional security advice to all staff. They are also the Post Fire Safety Manager, responsible for ensuring we have in place appropriate fire safety measures, fire drilling and staff training.
- Provide expert security advice to all staff
- Lead and manage a team of about guards and security personnel, motivating and developing a positive performance management culture
- Liaison with security personnel from other missions
- Liaison with local police and authorities on security matters
- Organise drills and regular testing of alarm system to provide a safe working environment for all staff, including training where necessary
- Manage and monitor radio communications
- Security housing assessment for UK-based staff
- Organise programme and logistics for the quarterly visit of the regional security manager (based in Bangkok) and any other security-related visits
- Ensure staff complete robust travel risk assessments when travelling to high-risk parts of the country
- Complete and submit quarterly One HMG KPI’s to the Overseas Security Team, ESD.
- Report any security related incidents (Country wide and local threat)to the ROSM in Bangkok.
Fire Safety Officer
- Prepare and implement an emergency plan. Review safety procedures and fire precautions, which should include the undertaking of annual fire risk assessments of all premises. The Fire Adviser’s Fire Risk Assessment report for offices and Head of Mission Residencies should be used to assist with this process.
- Implement and maintain the recommendations made by the Fire Adviser in the Fire Risk Assessment Report. Implement a communications system able to ensure that all of those involved, or potentially involved, in an incident are informed rapidly and effectively, of relevant information with contingency plans for when systems fail.
- Carry out fire drills. Ensure that all staff receives adequate training and instruction in emergency procedures. Appoint Fire Wardens, where appropriate. Appoint an Assembly Point Officer, where appropriate.
- Ensure that the inspection and testing of fire alarm systems, fire equipment and portable appliances is carried out.
- Maintain records of all staff training and fire protection equipment maintenance.
- Ensure that fire safety management systems are in place and effective.
- Ensure that any minor works have not affected existing fire precautions.
- Member of the core crisis committee, leading on security
- Regular testing of emergency/ business continuity equipment
- Liaison with security authorities to improve knowledge of local situation
- Build and maintain security contacts in other diplomatic missions, UN and Security organization for the mission safety and security planning.
Line manage 4x Security Supervisors. Counter-signing officer for about 29 security guards.
- Preferably at least 2-3 years of work related experience in a similar organisation and/or manager role
- Proven ability to communicate effectively (both verbal and written) to staff and other external parties including local authorities
- Demonstrate experience of implementing investigative tactics, including interviewing and documentation
- Personal drive and the ability to be a self-starter as well as a team player
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- The job holder must be prepared to travel within the region
- This is a full-time appointment; some evening and weekend work may be required.
- Attention to detail is essential
- Qualified female candidates are encouraged to apply
The British Embassy Rangoon offers a competitive remuneration package, including salary, benefits, leave entitlement of 22 days per annum (calculated in pro rata).
Employment offers are subject to successful clearance of pre-employment and security checks.
Staff recruited locally by the British Embassy Rangoon is subject to Terms and Conditions of Service according to local employment law.
All applications must be received before 23:55 local time on the specified application deadline.
Incomplete application forms will not be taken into consideration, so please ensure you provide the information requested. We regret to advise that we will only be contacting short-listed candidates. Applicants called for an interview will be assessed on the core competencies listed above.
This opportunity is closed to applications.