View Vacancy - Housekeeper (05/19 VIC) NO SUCSESSFUL CANDIDATE
Main purpose of job:
To provide housekeeping services to the High Commissioner, BHC staff and guests.
This position is part of the Corporate Services Team. It focuses on managing and maintaining the British High Commissioners Residence and BHC office ensuring that they are well maintained and provides a professional appearance to visitors to the Mission.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Ensure the residence is clean and comfortable for the head of mission, and her husband and any visitors - according to the weekly deep cleaning rota. To be proactive in cleaning and propose improvements & maintain equipment in good working order. This will involve preparing the Residence for guests – beds & linen; vacuuming and dusting; ensure toiletries stocks are in order; maintain safety cards and guest information in place. These will be performed as per a daily routine general tasks rota and schedule (50%)
- Ensure the office is clean and tidy for all the members of staff and visitors coming to the office. Ensure that the members of the FCO coming on a mission are welcomed in a clean and comfortable place (20%)
- Support corporate services in achieving and maintaining its PCA scores for the residence and office by ensuring that the showers are kept clean, checking water temperatures, checking the Jommy ladder, cleaning the water dispensers and the flushing of the used outlets and recording these activities & measurements in a timely way for the residence and office, highlighting any concerns to the CSO. Check cleaning machines/equipment regularly and bring faulty machines to the attention of Line manager (10%)
- Delivering value for money & low environmental impact by supporting the corporate services team in achieving value for money targets through monitoring & providing advice on bulk stock purchases. The incumbent will also maintain stock control e.g. linen, cutlery, etc. as well as consumables stocks for cleaning products/equipment and place orders when stocks are low for the Residence. Research & implement storage for large stocks and proposing a green switch for the use of Eco friendly products and services throughout all housekeeping life cycles for the residence and office (10%)
- Events: Helping with set up and break-down for events at Residence. Ensure a high quality delivery of events at the residence by keeping the residence clean, functional and presentable. Supervising and assisting any outside contractors employed to assist with events. Ensure timely clean up after the events. The person is also expected to play the role of guest services by welcoming and offering refreshments to guest (10%)
- Assist in the management of the residence and office recycling programs e.g. composting, redeeming of PET, cans and glass bottles as and when directed by the corporate services team members (3%)
- Any other ad-hoc associated duties as may be assigned from time to time by management staff
- Excellent at cleaning and laundry.
- Good command of spoken and written English.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, time management and organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Confidence, flexibility and ability to cope under pressure and with changing priorities.
- Must be able to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Excellent organization skills.
- A positive attitude and willingness to learn and improve
- Knowledge of IT desirable
- Excellent customer care skills; ability to respond to a range of customer needs;
- Previous food and beverage experience
- Please complete the application form in full as the information provided is used during screening.
Please check your application carefully before you submit, as no changes can be made once submitted.
The British High Commission will never request any payment or fees to apply for a position.
Employees recruited locally by the British High Commission in Victoria are subject to Terms and Conditions of Service according to local employment law in Seychelles.
All candidates must be legally able to work and reside in the country of the vacancy with the correct visa/work permit status or demonstrate eligibility to obtain the relevant permit.
The responsibility lies on the successful candidate to;
Obtain the relevant permit
Pay fees for the permit
Make arrangements to relocate
Meet the costs to relocation
The British High Commission does not sponsor visas/work permits except where it may be local practice to do so.
Employees who are not eligible to pay local income tax: e.g. certain third-country nationals and spouses/partners of UK diplomats will have their salaries abated by an equivalent amount.
Information about the Foreign and Commonwealth Office Competency Framework can be found on this link: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/civil-service-competency-framework Please note: AA=A1, AO=A2, EO=B3, HEO=C4, SEO=C5
Reference checking and security clearances will be conducted on successful candidates.
Please log into your profile on the application system on a regular basis to review the status of your application.
This opportunity is closed to applications.