View Vacancy - Conflict Stability and Security Fund Programme Assistant
Main purpose of job
The British High Commission in Port of Spain is seeking a professional self starter with strong budget management and administrative skills for the position of Programme Assistant. The main purpose of the role is to support the delivery of UK programmes designed to strengthen bilateral co-operation in the fields of justice, security and prosperity. The successful applicant’s core role will be to support the programme manager with budgeting processes and in the implementation and delivery of projects
The assistant will report to the Justice & Security Officer based in Port of Spain.
Roles and responsibilities
- Support the team in managing and monitoring project expenditure and producing monthly financial and progress reports.
- Assist in reviewing and processing all expense claims for projects;
- Support project managers with financial and contract management, procurement activities, processing payments, and ensuring that all programme activity is conducted within UK public procurement rules;
- Provide administrative support in reporting results, monitoring and evaluating progress;
- Support project officers in project delivery, including admin and logistics support, arranging meetings, project related travel and training programmes;
- Respond to internal and external enquiries about project activities;
Provide flexible administrative support and occasional cover to other teams.
- Delivering Value for Money: Assist in ensuring that projects are completed within budget, assist in ensuring value for money in procurement processes, effective contract management and compliance with internal rules and guidelines.
- Collaborating and Partnering: Create and maintain positive, professional and trusting working relationships with a wide range of people within and outside the office to help get business done.
- Delivering at Pace: Focus on delivering timely performance with energy and take responsibility and accountability in delivering quality outcomes for tasks assigned. Work to agreed goals and activities and deal with challenges in a responsive and constructive way.
- Making Effective Decisions: Be objective; use sound judgement, evidence and knowledge to provide professional advice. Show clarity of thought, setting priorities, analysing and using evidence to evaluate options before arriving at well reasoned justifiable decisions.
Please do not apply unless you possess the following minimum qualifications and experience:
- A minimum of an undergraduate degree.
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience managing and reporting on budgets or demonstrated ability to do so, for example through experience in a finance role.
- Demonstrated ability to hit the ground running
- Demonstrated ability to deliver at pace and to meet deadlines with accuracy.
- First class interpersonal and communication skills, confident dealing with stakeholders at all levels.
- The ability to work on your own initiative and be an excellent team player.
- A high standard of integrity demonstrated by a proven track record of excellence in a position of trust.
- Managing a Quality Service: Be organised to deliver communications objectives and strive to improve the quality of communications, taking account of diverse customer needs and requirements. Plan, organise and manage time and activities to deliver a high quality and efficient service, applying programme and project management approaches to support delivery.
- Changing and Improving: Be open to change, suggesting ideas for improvements to the way things are done, and work in 'smarter', more focused ways.
The role is only open to those with the independent right to reside and work in Trinidad.
- The period of probation for this role is 3 months.
- A full induction and coaching will be arranged for the successful applicant.
- The gross salary for this position is TTD136,188/annum
- Core office hours are 07.30 - 4.00pm Monday -Thursday and 7.30am-12.30pm on Fridays
- Paid annual leave entitlement is 20 working days per calendar year (pro rata) which rises by one day every two years up to a maximum of 26 days. A combination of 14 Trinidad and UK public holiday days are also observed.
This opportunity is closed to applications.