View Vacancy - IT Admin Assistant (22/19NR) AU
Main purpose of job:
Responsible for assisting with the day-to-day IT Support services at the British High Commission. The jobholder’s main role will be providing IT support which includes office Moves, telephony and Network support, setting up peripherals such as printers and scanners, etc while working closely with the Corporate Services Helpdesk to ensure that the users/customers are kept updated on the progress of requests.
The Jobholder will report to the ICT Manager in the British High commission. She/he will also work closely with the IT Support Officers (ITSOs), Regional Technical Support Services and the IT Helpdesks in the UK and other team members.
Roles and responsibilities:
i.) Troubleshoot and resolve workstations and laptops software and hardware problems.
ii.) Network administration, support and documentation
iii.) Undertake effective fault management, systems maintenance checks on the system and maintain a log of work performed.
iv.) Review, procure and install approved IT hardware (e.g. Card Scanners, Laptops).
v.) Undertake IT projects relevant to BHC and see to their successful implementation and completion
vi.) Ensure accurate inventory of all IT equipment at post and organise for proper disposal of obsolete IT equipment as per UK guidance.
vii.) Monthly preparation of payment documents i.e. Telephone including mobile Bills, Internet Bills, and other bills as required
viii.)Provide Telephony System support which includes phones set up and configuration by liaising with the UK Helpdesk and Vodafone teams.
ix.) Be a Requisitioner/Receiver on PRISM
x.) Supervision of contractors during service maintenance.
xi.) Providing absence cover for other IT staff.
xii.) Assist with office moves and relocation of IT equipment as when required.
xiii.)Any other duties assigned by the Line Manager.
- Previous IT support experience, good working knowledge of Office 365 and Networking
- Excellent customer service, attention to detail and initiative
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to communicate calmly, listen, and absorb technical information
- Ability to analyse and respond to incidents or problems accurately and ensure outstanding calls are tracked, escalated and dealt with promptly
- An understanding of cultural differences
- Degree in Information Technology or relevant IT Qualifications
Members of staff are entitled to paid annual leave, which is earned, from the day they commence employment. Entitlements are as follows:
- Grades A2 (L) 25 days
In addition to annual leave, the BHC normally observes no fewer than 9 and no more than 14 Kenyan and British public and religious holidays in a year. These vary from year to year and are at the discretion of the High Commissioner. A list of holidays is published each year.
• Monday to Thursday: 0715 - 1600
• Friday: 0745 - 1300
- Please complete the application form in full as the information provided is used during screening.
- Please check your application carefully before you submit, as no changes can be made once submitted.
- The British High Commission will never request any payment or fees to apply for a position.
- Employees recruited locally by the British High Commission in Nairobi are subject to Terms and Conditions of Service according to local employment law in Kenya.
- It is essential that the applicants already have the right to live and work in Kenya without the need to apply for a work permit
- Employees who are not eligible to pay local income tax: e.g. certain third-country nationals and spouses/partners of UK diplomats will have their salaries abated by an equivalent amount.
- Information about the Foreign and Commonwealth Office Competency Framework can be found on this link: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/civil-service-competency-framework Please note: Job grade AA=A1, AO=A2, EO=B3, HEO=C4, SEO=C5
- Reference checking and security clearances will be conducted on successful candidates.
- Please log into your profile on the application system on a regular basis to review the status of your application
This opportunity is closed to applications.