View Vacancy - JKT - Business/Finance Manager – Accounting & Finance B3(L)
Main purpose of job:
The main purpose of this job is to work with the Head of Corporate Services and Deputy Corporate Services Manager to manage the Embassy’s budgets, accounts, payments system and bank accounts in line with FCO guidance and help to ensure audit compliance and good financial management to bring us in at full spend. The person will also be responsible for cash profiling and monitoring; ensuring the Embassy bank account is in line with appropriate levels. Approximately 40% of this role will be to ensure Income Generation programme, Procurement & Contract Management, Asset/Estate Management as well as office Logistics and Transport.
The successful candidate will need to develop good relationships across different stakeholders at the Embassy to scrutinise financials, provide accurate financial forecasting and reporting MI back to the Embassy Management Board. The person will need to work quickly to generate accurate financial data when requested as well as pulling together reports for governance meetings.
The British Embassy provides a shared services platform for a number of different government departments and is governed by a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU). The successful candidate will need to oversee the delivery of the MOU, including the charging mechanism through which we provide our services as well as monitoring the General Ledger where appropriate.
The successful candidate will need to have good analytical, interpersonal skills, possesses customer services mind-set and be open to helping and supporting colleagues through our internal financial platform and answer questions they may have. Salary cited is an indicative, depending on the candidate’s qualification and experience.
Roles and responsibilities / what will the jobholder be expected to achieve?:
60% of the role will be focusing on Finance and Account related activities.
Accurate and timely budget information, forecasting and reporting.
• Run and analyse reports on a monthly basis of actual Embassy spend.
• Manage relationship to accurately update and amend our budgets and forecasts.
• Present monthly budget to the Senior Management Team, providing analysis and recommendation as appropriate.
• Run reports from fixed asset system to reconcile to Accounting system
• Timely provision of MI data on request.
• First point of contact for Financial Excellence. Escalate any anomalies or issues to the Head of CS.
• Review and evaluate critical process for possible improvements.
Oversight of the Platform charging mechanism
• Ensuring our Partners are charged accurately and swiftly for platform costs used.
• Responsible for monthly reporting process for all of our Partners across government.
• First point of contact for Platform Management. With subject matter expertise on policy, provide strategic and policy advice to stakeholders.
• Prepare and ensure timely and compliant monthly and annual payroll process.
• First point of contact for queries, providing advice and clarification on policies. Lead on ensuring that post’s practices are legally compliant.
• Support HR colleague in ad hoc reward and compensation work
An internal understanding of the organisation’s financial and procurement compliance processes.
• Lead on payments and expense process at Post and ensure compliance with internal procurement process;
• Complete reconciliation forms to manage accounts payable and receivable
• Maintain and update Post on any changes to payment process; act as local advisor on processes, working with regional Asia Pacific Hub.
• Deliver training on processes.
Oversight of our cash profiles
• Monitor official bank account; reconcile, maintain and manage balance in local bank account
40% will be for Management (Income Generation, Procurement & Contract, Asset/Estate Management, Logistics and Payments Schedule) related activities:
• Work with Residence Manager responsible for Income Generation financial management including customer pipeline, pricing, costing and payment receipt;
• Ensure that Regional Asia Pacific Hub team receive the correct documentation for Finance & Procurement related matters, including details of payments made for invoices, Supplier forms, payment requests, and assist with any queries.
• Ensure Contract Management at the Embassy is managed appropriately.
• Working closely with Facility Management Unit to ensure the delivery quality and measure impact on overall budget.
• Supporting Deputy Corporate Services Manager on Embassy’s Transport fleet.
- Accounting/Finance/Commerce qualifications from reputable university and/or equivalent working experience.
- Experience working (or extracurricular activities) with international organisation is essential.
- A minimum of IELTS 6.5 overall (and a minimum of 6 per band). This requirement can be waived if you have been working for English speaking organisation for a minimum of 2 years or graduated from university in English speaking country (at least 2 years course).
- Advisory background.
- At least one postgraduate degree from reputable university.
- Experience in managing a team.
- Experience with ERP and MI platforms.
The British Embassy/Consulate offers a competitive remuneration package including:
- Annual leave entitlement of 25 days per year
- Medical benefit (medical insurance)
- Access to extensive learning and development opportunities
No accommodation or relocation expenses are payable in connection with this position.
Employment offers are subject to successful clearance of pre-employment checks. In relation to this, the successful candidate will need to arrange for his/her own Police Certificate.
The Embassy has an active L&D Committee which works hard to provide a comprehensive L&D offer. There are a wide range of options available for personal development including training courses, coaching and mentoring, job-shadowing, presentations and learning sets. Staff have access to a wide variety of online resources through the Diplomatic Academy and Civil Service Learning. Staff are strongly encouraged to take advantage of all the available opportunities. The job-holder will be required to take some specific training courses related to their role. All new staff undertake a workplace induction and there are a number of mandatory e-learning courses covering areas such as diversity, health and safety, and information management.
Please note that the deadline for applications is 23:55 on the day mentioned in the above field “Application deadline”.
We advise you to allow enough time to complete and submit your full application, since only applications completed and submitted before the deadline will be considered.
Please be aware that the deadline for submitting applications is considered to be the time zone for the country where the vacancy has arisen.
This opportunity is closed to applications.