View Vacancy - Operations Team Intern
Main purpose of job:
The British Consulate in São Paulo is looking for an intern to work for the Latin America and Caribbean Operations Team, providing administrative support. This is an exciting opportunity for those looking for work in a fast-paced, fascinating environment, in an important central function. The jobholder will report to the region’s Data and Performance Manager, providing a range of support services for the wider Operations team and the region’s Chief Operations Officer, while actively collaborating on the development of the regional work the Operations team does in the Department for International Trade (DIT). DIT is the Trade, Investment Promotion and Negotiations organisation for the United Kingdom. We promote British trade and investment across the world; support UK businesses overseas; and attract foreign investment to our shores. We have 3,000 staff across the globe in over 100 countries. DIT divides the world into 9 regions, each led by Her Majesty’s Trade Commissioner. Jonathan Knott leads the Latin American and the Caribbean Region (LATAC), from São Paulo. The Network is represented in 20 Posts with a team of over 150. The Operations Team leads the day-to-day running of the DIT LATAC Network. We are looking for someone who is open to new ideas and ways of working, is capable of working with constantly changing priorities and managing a full workload. Experience of working in secretarial duties and/or business administration is desirable.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Provide administrative support to the Operations Team, arranging meetings, performing diary management, managing documents and providing key support to the region’s Chief Operations Officer
- Assist the Operations team with the creation of documents, presentations and reports, as well as helping the team with ad-hoc commissions from our UK headquarters and other regional initiatives.
- Work with the Private Secretary to our region’s Trade Commissioner, providing support on the organisation of events and visits
- Assist with the Operation Team’s internal communication efforts, engaging with colleagues throughout the region, providing assistance and gathering information
- Support the People Skills and Capabilities Manager with staff data management keeping track of the changes and ensuring records are up to date
- Support the Finance Manager with our internal auditing processes, being capable of working with a high volume of documents
The jobholder should be quick, precise and discreet. Should be a good planner and be able to juggle competing demands, switch between different functions and be comfortable working at speed with many different internal customers. Should also be a friendly and approachable face of the Operations team to staff across the region. We expect the successful candidate to be keen to be part of a culture of excellence, respect, and of working together.
- Ongoing education degree in Business Administration, International Relations, Economics or any related course
- Possess an excellent command of written and spoken English and Portuguese
- Strong organisational, analytical, communication, proactivity, customer service, and team-working skills.
- Excellent computer skills, including familiarity with the Microsoft Office suite of programs
- Administrative Experience
Learning and development opportunities:
- FCDO Mandatory Training: Responsible for Information , Diversity at Work, Health & Safety Awareness, Unconscious Bias, Disability Awareness, LBG&T Awareness
- Wide pool of Learning and Development opportunities offered by DIT and FCDO
Employees who are not liable to pay local income tax on their Mission salary, eg some non-local national staff and some spouses or partners of UK diplomatic staff, will have their salaries abated by an equivalent amount.
The British Embassy Network offers a strong benefits package. This package includes generous vacation and leave time, flexible working patterns, and enriching learning and development opportunities. Eligibility to work and live in Brazil is required.
The British Consulate in São Paulo offers an attractive and great working environment
Duration - This position if for six months, with possible extensions of up to 2 years
This opportunity is closed to applications.