View Vacancy - Security Guard (TUR001)
The British Consulate General in Istanbul is part of a world-wide network representing British political, economic and consular interests overseas as is now looking to hire a Security Guard.
Duties will include access control and searching of visitors. We expect our security guards to set an example in respecting BCG Istanbul’s internal procedures as well as the law and display a pleasant and professional demeanour at all times. This role will include shift and weekend working.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- To be an effective member of BCG Istanbul’s Guard Force/Security Team, working well with colleagues to keep BCG Istanbul safe and secure;
- Proficiently search visitors and contractors before they enter the mission;
- Identify visitors and contractors and issue them with security passes;
- Proficiently search vehicles before they enter the mission;
- Carry out security scans on incoming mail and parcels for explosives and dangerous substances, etc;
- Maintain an accurate record of all visitors and contractors who have entered the premises;
- Escort visitors while they are on the premises;
- Monitor CCTV;
- Assess, and respond to, any potential security threat against the Consulate or members of its staff and visitors and report the details to the Security Manager;
- Drive the official Consulate cars as and when required;
- Carry out other security duties which you may be called upon to perform;
- Maintaining issued equipment to an acceptable standard;
- Escorting of catering service;
- Work overtime when required.
- High school diploma;
- Hold a valid Security Certificate 5188;
- At least 3 years of Security background;
- Possession of a clean valid Turkish Driver's License;
- Active driving experience in Istanbul;
- Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- A working knowledge of spoken English would be an advantage.
This is a full-time permanent contract for 5 working days (43.75 hours gross) per week.
The annual salary for this position is 32,409.60 TL gross, S2 level. Please note that staff members are responsible for paying any income tax required by local law.
All applicants should have the right to live and work in Turkey. The British Consulate General does not sponsor for work permits.
The successful candidate will be subject to professional background check, security clearance and a probation period of 2 months.
Staff recruited locally by the British Consulate General in Istanbul are subject to Terms and Conditions of Service according to local Turkish employment law.
British Diplomatic Missions are equal opportunities employers, dedicated to inclusivity, a diverse workforce and valuing difference. We are committed to developing a learning organisation that enhances business performance, maximises our staff’s potential and encourages staff innovation and development.
Please note that the deadline for applications is 23:55 on the day mentioned in the above field “Application deadline”.
We advise you to allow enough time to complete and submit your full application, since only applications completed and submitted before the deadline will be considered.
Please be aware that the deadline for submitting applications is considered to be the time zone for the country where the vacancy has arisen.
Please be advised that the British Consulate will not be able to meet the travel costs incurred when travelling to the interview, nor the costs connected with relocation if offered a job.
This opportunity is closed to applications.