View Vacancy - Programme and Office Manager, UK Delegation to the Organisation for the Prohibition of Chemical Weapons (NLD22.367)
The British Embassy in The Hague is part of a world-wide network, representing British political, economic and consular interests overseas and is looking for a Programme and Office Manager for the UK Delegation to the Organisation for the Prohibition of Chemical Weapons, to support UK engagement with the Organisation for the Prohibition of Chemical Weapons (OPCW) by:
- Leading on the delivery of UK programme funds to the OPCW focussed on strengthening implementation of the Chemical Weapons Convention (CWC); and
- Acting as Office Manager for the UK Delegation to the OPCW, providing excellent administrative and logistical support to facilitate the work of the team.
What will the jobholder be expected to achieve?:
- Liaise with the OPCW Technical Secretariat and UK government policy and programme leads to deliver UK programme funding to the highest standards. Ensure that projects are innovative, well-designed, meet UK policy objectives and that project delivery is timely and effective;
- Ensure robust financial compliance including accurate budget forecasting, disbursement and reporting. Record keeping and reporting must be comprehensive and in line with programme requirements. Coordinate effective monitoring, evaluation and review of projects;
- Build strong networks throughout the OPCW Technical Secretariat, and with other key Delegations, to stay informed and spot opportunities on programming and related issues;
- Lead on administrative tasks within the Delegation, including by transmitting and managing documents, drafting and preparing credentials and correspondence, managing the shared inbox and calendar, booking official travel, and designing and implementing improvements to administrative processes.
- Organise and provide logistical support for a range of events such as incoming visits by UK officials, receptions, meetings, consultations, seminars, and conferences;
- Take part in the corporate life of the Embassy, by playing a role in a Committee or initiative of the jobholder’s choice.
- Full professional proficiency in English, including excellent writing skills (written and spoken, minimum of C1 level for CEFR framework*);
- Experience of financial and project/programme management in a policy context or similar resource management;
- Experience of carrying out administrative duties;
- Use of Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Knowledge of UK Government and/or international organisations.
This is a full-time and fixed-term contract of 12 months at grade Executive Officer (EO). The base salary for this position is € 3, 855.50 gross per month, based on a working week of 36 hours. In addition, an 8% holiday bonus and a monthly working from home allowance are payable. Actual commuter travel expenses up to a limit or a monthly set travel allowance for commuter costs are payable depending on the role and how often office work is needed. The Embassy currently applies a performance based bonus pay model for local staff.
Applicants must be legally entitled to work in The Netherlands.
The successful candidate will undergo a professional background check; Any job offer is also provisional to a successful security clearance check.
The Embassy encourages a culture of continuous learning. All employees have access to the Civil Service Learning platform which gives access to training to improve job specific skills. Employees are entitled to a minimum number of annual training days.
The British Embassy promotes and demonstrates the key values of Professionalism, Respect and Honesty.
Visa/work permit requirements: candidates must currently hold the independent right to live and work in The Netherlands and be prepared to ensure that right remains throughout the scope of the contract.
Please note that it is your responsibility to ensure you meet the legal requirements to live and work in The Netherlands.
Under the terms of the UK/NL Double Taxation Convention (Article 18 1(b)(ii), UK nationals who move to The Netherlands to take up their new role at the Embassy/Consulate and UKB spouse who start working at the Embassy with no previous record of working in the Netherlands since the arrival of the UKB partner they accompany, will be placed on a tax abated salary if deemed to be eligible for Dutch income tax exemption on their salary. Qualifying staff will have no Dutch income tax levied on their salary and will therefore be paid an abated salary reduced by the applicable tax they would have had to pay if that local liability had existed. A tax abated salary ensures a fair and comparable take home pay. Staff on tax abated salaries cannot claim tax benefits in The Netherlands but they are fully and comprehensively covered for social security and deemed to be resident local staff for all intents and purposes.
Please note that the deadline for applications is 23:55 on the day mentioned in the above field “Application deadline”.
We advise you to allow enough time to complete and submit your full application, since only applications completed and submitted before the deadline will be considered.
Please be aware that the deadline for submitting applications is considered to be the time zone for the country where the vacancy has arisen.
Applicants must hold one of the following passports: UK, EU, US or Commonwealth nationality.
Please be advised that the British Diplomatic Missions will not be able to meet the travel costs incurred when travelling to the interview, nor the costs connected with relocation if offered a job.
* Please note for more information on the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages: Learning, Teaching, Assessment levels please click on the following link CEFR. Please bear in mind in case you are invited for an interview your language skill is going to be assessed.
This opportunity is closed to applications.