View Vacancy - SRR - Residence Manager B3(L)
The British Embassy Riyadh has a vacancy for a full time Residence Manager on a one-year fixed contract.
The jobholder will support Her Majesty’s Ambassador (HMA) and Deputy Head of Mission (DHM) and all sections to enable to delivery of business hospitality. They will effectively manage the Residence Team and resources to support the country business plan. The jobholder will also work closely with the Corporate Services Team and is responsible for ensuring that business hospitality is attractive, high quality and cost effective.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Residence management
- Accurate and active management of the Residence and events calendar.
- Support the organisation and delivery of official functions and events.
- Provide professional support to both internal and external contacts to meet expectations and to achieve their objectives.
- Accommodate and assist with Ministerial/ VIP visits.
- Support the delivery of income generating (IG) events to meet the Post income target. Review and update the event guidance/ policy as necessary and ensure user-friendly and efficient event procedures are in place.
- Financial management
- Accurate management of business hospitality (BH) and representational requirement (RR) budgets and oversight of audit process.
- Effective monthly budget forecast and event record management.
- Accurate monthly recharging and invoicing to the section budgets and to relevant organisations.
- Manage the procurement following Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office (FCDO) guidelines.
- Approve requisitions/ transactions made using Government Procurement Card (GPC)/ Corporate Credit Card (CCC) on in-house Oracle-based finance and procurement software (Prism).
- Income generation (IG) achievement, recommend adjusting the number and size of events to ensure adherence to forecast budget.
- Facility management
- Management of maintenance and quality control for the facility as one of the Designated Residence.
- Provide supervision and support to Housekeepers/ Stewards with cleaning and laundry tasks to maintain high standards.
- Liaison with Head of Corporate Services (HCS)/ Technical Works Supervisor (TWS) to plan and deliver maintenance, renovation, and refurbishing work as necessary.
- Staff management
- Line management of four/ five staff members in the Residence Team.
- Monitor and supervise individual teams who are responsible for planning and delivering their own tasks by following the programme at the Residence.
- Responsible for recruitment and support the team with the L&D opportunities.
The above list is not exhaustive and the jobholder will be required to be flexible and take on other corporate duties and ad hoc tasks as required, including participating in the Embassy’s emergency planning and any response to a crisis.
Key competencies required:
- Seeing the Big Picture - Having an in-depth understanding and knowledge of how your role fits with and supports organisational objectives and the wider public needs. Focusing your contribution on the activities, which will meet the organisation’s goals and deliver the greatest value. Scanning the wider context and taking account of wider impacts to develop long term implementation strategies that maximise opportunities to add value and support economic, sustainable growth.
- Changing and Improving - Being responsive and innovative, and seeking out opportunities to create effective change. Learning from what has worked well and what has not, being open to change, suggesting ideas for improvements to the way things are done, and working in ’smarter’, more focused ways. Continuously seeking out ways to improve policy implementation and build a leaner, more flexible and responsive team.
- Achieving Commercial Outcomes - Maintaining an economic, long-term focus in all activities. Having a commercial, financial, and sustainable mind-set to ensure all activities and services are delivering added value and working to stimulate economic growth. Ensuring tight commercial controls of finances, resources, and contracts to meet strategic priorities.
- Delivering Value for Money - It involves the efficient, effective and economic use of taxpayers’ money in the delivery of public services. Seeking out and implementing solutions which achieve the best mix of quality and effectiveness for the least outlay. Making decisions based on evidenced information and following agreed processes and policies, challenging these appropriately where they appear to prevent good value for money.
- Minimum of two (2) years of events management experience or office management experience.
- Previous line management experience.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and proven ability to engage and influence at all levels internally and with external contacts, and collaborate effectively across Embassy teams.
- Strong customer focus. Demonstrates courtesy and consideration in dealing with all stakeholders. Able to show discretion in handling any sensitive matters, with the trust of all involved
- Excellent organisational ability, with proven ability to manage, plan, and prioritise tasks and workload.
- Resourcefulness in solving problems and demonstrates good judgement.
- Ability to multi-task and have good organisational skills. Ability to respond quickly and flexibly to meet the demands of a varied work schedule and multiple and changing priorities.
- Excellent command of spoken and written English. Able to express ideas and messages clearly and concisely.
- Strong IT computer skills and in using MS Office applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Teams).
- Experience in using Oracle-based finance and procurement management system.
- Budget control experience.
- Arabic language skills.
The position is available to Saudi nationals and to current holders of valid Saudi residence permits or transferable iqama. The successful candidate will be required to transfer their sponsorship to the British Embassy.
Working hours and remuneration:
The Embassy aims to offer an attractive working environment and remuneration package for this role.
- Base Salary including Eid bonus - SAR 8,557.81
- Housing Allowance - SAR 2,139.45 (subject to eligibility)*
- Travel Allowance - SAR 400 (subject to eligibility)*
*Allowances are not payable to staff who receive official provision for such expenditure in some other form.
No accommodation and relocation expenses are payable in connection with this position.
Normal working hours for the Embassy are from 08.00 to 15.00 from Sunday to Thursday. This position is full-time, based on 35 hours per week. The jobholder should also be flexible in their approach to hours worked as these will also be dictated by operational needs and will involve working out of hours (evening and weekend) to support events and official visits.
The successful candidate will be subject to a 90-day probationary period.
How to apply:
Interested candidates must attach 1) an updated Curriculum Vitae (CV) and 2) a covering letter stating how you meet the requirements of the role.
Your application must also include examples of when you have demonstrated the required competencies in the Competence-Based Questions section of the online application form.
Applications that do not include these information will not be considered.
The closing date for applications is at 23:55 KSA local time on 08 May 2021.
Applications received after the stated deadline will not be considered.
Due to the large number of applications we receive, only those shortlisted for the next step in the recruitment process will be contacted.
The start date mentioned in the advert is an assumed start date and the successful candidate will be required to undergo security vetting procedures. Any offer of employment will be subject to the candidate achieving suitable clearances, medical clearance and reference checks.
The British Embassy Riyadh is an equal opportunities employer, dedicated to inclusivity, a diverse workforce and valuing difference. Staff recruited locally by the British Embassy is subject to Terms and Conditions of Service according to local Saudi Arabia employment law.