View Vacancy - Intern for Communications Team
The British Embassy, Amman is seeking a highly motivated and enthusiastic intern to work in the Communications section for a period of six (6) months.
Purpose of the job:
This is an interesting work experience opportunity in the British Embassy’s Communications Team. The aim is to inform external audiences about the Embassy’s work whilst supporting the objectives across the Embassy. The Intern will support the Communication Team’s work in the response to the pandemic and help deliver key objectives related UK Jordan relations, COP26 climate change summit in November 2021 and the UK response to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- You will work as part of the Communications team to deliver social media aspects of the Embassy communications strategy, supporting the Embassy’s online presence: Twitter, Instagram, Facebook and website.
- Support the Chevening scholarship and Communications manager and act as a contact point for local media.
- You will be expected to translate content for media, including news outlets and social media posts. This also includes maintaining contact lists and liaisons with local media outlets.
- You will ensure professional, friendly and highly responsive platforms that maintain the highest standards of appearance, both in English and in Arabic.
- You will help to generate compelling and creative content for our external media outlets, including planning, filming and editing movies, creating high quality infographics, editing photos, generating eye-catching graphic designs and writing informative texts. You will support our social media approach so that we remain cutting edge.
- You will also be expected to take an active role in cross-embassy corporate activities as part of the “One Embassy programme”.
Key Competencies and Required Skills:
- Managing a Quality Service - Effectiveness in this area is about being organised to deliver service objectives and striving to improve the quality of service, taking account of diverse customer needs and requirements.
- Collaborating and Partnering - People skilled in this area create and maintain positive, professional and trusting working relationships with a wide range of people within and outside the Civil Service to help get business done.
- Delivering at Pace - Effectiveness in this area means focusing on delivering timely performance with energy and taking responsibility and accountability for quality outcomes.
- Fluent oral and written English and Arabic
- Proven strong knowledge of existing social media outlets (Facebook, Twitter and Instagram), either from personal or professional use.
- Photo and video editing skills required. An assessment will be arranged for shortlisted candidates.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, organised, good time management skills.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications and social media platforms primarily Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.
- Quick learner and a good team player.
- Translation skills will be highly desirable.
Working Hours and Remuneration:
The successful candidate will receive 80 JOD per month as a transportation allowance.
This is an internship role for six (6) months. The gross conditioned hours is 37 hours a week with considerations of flexibility depending on circumstances.
On the job-training will be offered by Communications Team in Jordan with on-line resources.
If you are selected for this position, we will be able to employ you as long as you:
- Receive the appropriate level of standard security clearance;
- Have (or be willing to obtain) the right to live and work in Jordan. Candidate's residence permit and work permit, and the expense to obtain them, will be their own responsibility.
Interested candidates must attach the following documents when applying online.
- An updated Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- A covering letter/statement of suitability (maximum 600 words) outlining the competence and experience required.
** (Applications that do not include the above stated information will be rejected).
All applications must be received before 23:55 (Local Time) on 10 May 2021.
Please note that incomplete applications or applications received after the stated deadline will not be considered.
Due to the large amount of applications, we receive only those shortlisted for interview/assessment will be contacted.
The start date mentioned in the advert is an assumed start date and the successful candidate will be required to undergo security vetting procedures. Any offer of employment will be subject to the candidate achieving suitable clearances and reference checks.
Staff recruited locally by the British Embassy are subject to terms and conditions of service according to local labour law.
The British Embassy Amman is an equal opportunities employer, dedicated to inclusivity, a diverse workforce and valuing difference.