View Vacancy - JKT - Chevening Programme Assistant – Maternity Leave Cover A2(L)
Main purpose of job:
To support our Scholarships Coordinator and Alumni Officer with the smooth delivery of all aspects of the Chevening programme. The job holder will manage the administrative and organisational aspects of the Chevening process through the yearly cycle and also provide assistance to our alumni engagement programme, including identifying alumni from all over Indonesia and Timor Leste. The job holder will have significant involvement in organising and hosting webinars promoting the Chevening programme.
Roles and responsibilities / what will the jobholder be expected to achieve?
- Support the Scholarships Coordinator to deliver the organisational and administrative aspects of the Chevening programme, marketing and promotion, support to successful candidates and pre-departure preparation, including visa arrangements.
- Provide support to the Scholarships Coordinator to effectively market the Chevening programme in Indonesia and Timor Leste. This will include identifying priority ministries and organisations and providing input to the overall marketing plan.
- Work with the Scholarships Coordinator to deliver engaging social media content that promotes the Chevening programme and engages alumni.
- Work closely with current sponsors and identify opportunities to hold events and develop new sponsorships.
- Support the alumni officer with Chevening alumni engagement, including helping to manage the alumni group on social media. This will involve alumni database management, assisting with preparations for alumni events and providing creative ideas for alumni activity.
The Embassy has an active L&D Committee which works hard to provide a comprehensive L&D offer. There are a wide range of options available for personal development including training courses, coaching and mentoring, job-shadowing, presentations and learning sets. Staff have access to a wide variety of online resources through the Diplomatic Academy and Civil Service Learning. Staff are strongly encouraged to take advantage of all the available opportunities. The job-holder will be required to take some specific training courses related to their role. All new staff undertake a workplace induction and there are a number of mandatory e-learning courses covering areas such as diversity, health and safety, and information management.
Some flexible working hours. Embassy are staff are currently working from home due to the Covid pandemic.
This is a 6-month fixed-term / maternity cover position.
- Excellent English language skills, both written and spoken. For candidates with English as a second language, certification at IELTS (or equivalent) level 6.0 or higher within the last 2 years is required.
- IT proficiency in MS Office, Outlook and the ability to learn FCO systems.
- Willingness to work additional hours as necessary, very occasionally at weekends (Time Of In Lieu is earned).
- Social media expertise.
- Understand about studying and living in the UK.
The British Embassy/Consulate offers a competitive remuneration package including:
- Annual leave entitlement of 25 days per year
- Medical benefit (medical insurance)
- Access to extensive learning and development opportunities
No accommodation or relocation expenses are payable in connection with this position.
Employment offers are subject to successful clearance of pre-employment checks. In relation to this, the successful candidate will need to arrange for his/her own Police Certificate.
Employees who are not liable to pay local income tax on their Mission salary may have their salaries reduced by the equivalent local income tax amount.
Please note that the deadline for applications is 23:55 on the day mentioned in the above field “Application deadline”.
We advise you to allow enough time to complete and submit your full application, since only applications completed and submitted before the deadline will be considered.
Please be aware that the deadline for submitting applications is considered to be the time zone for the country where the vacancy has arisen.
This opportunity is closed to applications.