View Vacancy - AUH - Corporate Services Assistant, Human Resources A1(L)
The British Embassy Abu Dhabi has a vacancy for a Corporate Services Assistant, Human Resources.
This role concentrates on support for the Embassy’s Corporate Services work, and the jobholder will handle the daily administrative human resources duties for our organisation. They will assist in complete record maintenance and provide administrative support to the UAE HR Manager and UAE HR Officer. The jobholder is also expected to work closely with a wide spectrum of other departments both within the Embassy and externally across government.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Support all internal and external HR related enquiries or requests.
- Answer, respond to, and organise enquires received through telephone or inbox; log to ensure enquires are appropriately handled according to their urgency and subject matter within relevant service level agreements targets.
- Maintain physical and electronic records of employees.
- Serve as point of contact for medical insurance additions and deletions for country-based staff members.
- Manage UAE HR Team’s content on Microsoft Teams, reviewing and updating as needed.
- Maintain calendars of the UAE HR team events.
- Co-ordinate training sessions and seminars.
- Produce and submit reports on general HR activity.
- Provide staff with routine letters as required.
- Provide back-up switchboard cover.
The above list is not exhaustive and the jobholder will be required to be flexible and take on other ad hoc tasks as required, including participating in the Embassy’s emergency planning and any other response to a crisis affecting UK citizens.
Key competencies required:
- Delivering at Pace - Focusing on delivering timely performance with energy and taking responsibility and accountability for quality outcomes. Working to agreed goals and activities and dealing with challenges in a responsive and constructive way.
- Managing a Quality Service - Valuing and modelling professional excellence and expertise to deliver service objectives and striving to improve the quality of service, taking account of diverse customer needs and requirements. Effectively planning, organising, and managing time and activities to deliver a high-quality, secure, reliable, and efficient service.
- Collaborating and Partnering - Being a team player, creating and maintaining positive, professional, and trusting working relationships with a wide range of people within and outside the organisation to help get business done. Working collaboratively, sharing information appropriately, and building supportive, responsive relationships with colleagues and stakeholders whilst having the confidence to challenge assumptions.
- Building Capability for All - Having a strong focus on continuous learning for oneself, others, and the organisation. Being open to learning, keeping one’s own knowledge and skill set current and evolving.
- Demonstrated ability and experience in an administrative support position and with excellent skills in MS Office programmes (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Excellent customer service skills and telephone manner. Demonstrates courtesy and consideration in dealing with all stakeholders.
- Demonstrates initiative, adaptability, and the ability to work flexibly both in a small team and individually.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively in English, both oral and written, at all levels. Able to express ideas and messages clearly and concisely.
- Excellent organisational skills, including ability to organise and prioritise workloads, organise records, meet deadlines and maintain close attention to detail.
- Previous HR administrative experience.
- Familiarity with using MS Teams.
The Embassy aims to offer an attractive working environment and remuneration package for this role, including: 25 days of leave per annum; on-site swimming pool, gym, and sports facilities (subject to temporary COVID-19 restrictions).
Salary is at AED 8,722 per month.
There are no other allowances payable as part of this package. No accommodation and relocation expenses are payable in connection with this position.
Conditioned working hours are 38 hours per week. Standard working hours are from 07:30 to 15:06, including a lunch break of 36 minutes, from Sunday to Thursday. With the current situation, we have a variety of ways of supporting our country based staff and continue to offer flexible working options, including changing of working hours or compressed hours upon agreement with the line manager.
The successful candidate will be required to transfer their visa under the Embassy's sponsorship.
How to apply:
Interested candidates must attach 1) an updated Curriculum Vitae (CV) and 2) a covering letter to their online application form.
Your application must also include examples of when you have demonstrated the required competencies in the Competence Based Questions section of the online application form.
Applications that do not include these information will not be considered.
Closing date for applications is at 23:55 (local time) on 06 May 2021.
Applications received after the stated deadline will not be considered.
The recruitment process, including security clearance, is expected to take around two months.
Due to the large number of applications we receive, only those shortlisted for the next step of the recruitment process will be contacted. Interviews will be done remotely if the existing situation determines this to be the right course of action.
The start date mentioned in the job advert is a tentative start date and the successful candidate will be required to undergo security vetting procedures. Any offer of employment will be subject to the candidate achieving suitable clearances.
The British Embassy Abu Dhabi is an equal opportunities employer, dedicated to inclusivity, a diverse workforce and valuing difference.
This opportunity is closed to applications.