View Vacancy - Security Officer
Main purpose of job:
This position is an integral part of a busy and dynamic Security Services team and is responsible for ensuring the safety of the Ambassador and her family, HMG staff, visitors, and others who are allowed to be on the Embassy compound. In addition, the Security team are responsible for the safety of the buildings and the assets within.
Roles and responsibilities / what will the jobholder be expected to achieve?:
This position will provide support to the Regional Overseas Security Manager and locally employed Security Manager. The successful candidate will ensure that effective systems are in place, so as to manage security emergencies and keep all staff aware of security regulations and compliance procedures. This position will also be responsible for knowledge of the Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office Security guidance systems, as well as established Embassy security procedures and protection measures.
- Provide efficient security guidance and advice to customers
- Ensure that security regulations are adhered to
- Proactively identify and develop security best practice
- Control access to the Embassy compound and Residence
- Respond to and manage security situations – e.g. fire and other emergencies
- Supervise workmen and cleaners in restricted areas of the Embassy
- Carry out security patrols
- Monitor CCTV
- Perform other duties as assigned
- At least 2 years of previous security experience required
- Ability to work days, nights, weekends and holidays on a rotational schedule
- Must have a proven track record of excellent customer service
- Ability to display sound judgement and organisational skills
- Ability to make effective decisions under pressure
- Good communication and interpersonal skills are essential, as well as an ability to work as part of a team or independently
- Proficiency with the Microsoft Office suite, including Outlook and Web Access
- Ability to work overtime as dictated by the needs of the Embassy
Under US State Department requirements, the UK Government in the US may only employ, as non-diplomatic staff, persons who are US citizens, US Permanent Residents or A visa holders with EAD cards*. If you hold a visa other than an A visa you are not currently eligible to work at our office. Please refer to our website for information on exceptions to this policy at www.gov.uk/government/world/usa. All selected candidates are subject to background checks and will require a security clearance prior to starting work.
*A visas are acceptable at the Embassy and Consulates. The UK Mission to the UN (UKMIS) accepts G visas, and British Defense Staff (BDS) outposts accept A or NATO visas.
Due to the Embassy requiring 24hr, 7 days a week coverage, there is a rotational shift system which includes days, nights, weekend and Public holidays. Shifts vary between 8hrs and 12 hours.
The applicant should be able to communicate effectively with a heavy emphasis on excellent customer service. There is a requirement to wear a security uniform provided by the Embassy at all times throughout designated shifts.
For personal safety reasons the Embassy also provides a protective vest for Security Officers to wear whilst on duty when policing events outside the perimeter of the compound.
The successful applicant would require certification in First Aid AED/CPR through the Red Cross or American Heart Association. The training can be given through the Embassy In house First Aid Instructors within the first six months in post.
Estates Security Directorate (ESD), have a security fund for Learning and Development which can be used to highlight specific training requirements.
The UK Government operating in the US offers a substantial benefits package including generous leave, a choice of medical insurance, 401(k) matching up to 7%, extensive learning opportunities and a great work/life balance.
Employees who are not liable to pay local income tax on their Mission salary, eg some non-local national staff and some spouses or partners of UK diplomatic staff, will have their salaries abated by an equivalent amount.
Internal candidates must inform their supervisor before they apply to a different position.
Only successful candidates will be contacted. Please no phone calls. Due to the high volume of resumes we receive, we cannot guarantee consideration of your application if the submission instructions are not properly followed.
The British Embassy is committed to a policy of equal opportunities and to creating a diverse working environment, free from discrimination, where everyone is included and treated fairly, based on merit alone. We are an equal opportunity employer, making all employment decisions without regard to race, gender, religion, national origin, citizenship, disability, age, sexual orientation, political affiliation or any other criterion protected by law.
This opportunity is closed to applications.