View Vacancy - HK - Residence Manager and Events Coordinator B3(L) (Part-Time)
Main purpose of job:
The Residence Manager will be responsible for managing to the highest standards, all aspects of running the Consul General’s official Residence and its staff. Overseeing all Residence events and ensuring they are delivered to a high standard and which achieve the objectives of the event. The position will require a proactive, creative and practical hands-on approach to ensure the smooth, efficient, and cost-effective operation of the Residence. The Residence Manager’s role requires excellent interpersonal skills to liaise with the Consul General, a wide range of Consulate staff, outside suppliers and guests and a flexible approach to both their work and working schedule. This role is advertised as a part-time position, however, there is potential for it to become a full-time role subject to operational requirements.
Roles and responsibilities / what will the jobholder be expected to achieve?:
- To manage the Consul General’s official Residence and its staff
- In consultation with the Consul- General to oversee the design and delivery of events at the Residence from small functions to large events
- When required, be present at events to assist the CG and guests, and to ensure events run to plan
- Coordinating and supervising event arrangements, coordinating menus with the caterers and, in conjunction with the Social Secretary who will prepare menus and place cards.
- Responsibility for the Residence budget and accounts
- Responsibility for keeping Corporate Services Manager briefed monthly on event profile and cost for budget forecasting
- To lead, motivate and develop Residence staff, identifying any ongoing training needs
- Preparation of staff rosters, coordination of staff leave and hiring of additional staff as and when required for functions
- To ensure the furniture, furnishings, domestic equipment and all other official property and personal effects are properly safeguarded, maintained and replaced where necessary. In conjunction with Facilities Management, maintaining up to date inventories
- To liaise with the Consul General’s Executive Assistant, Social Secretary and Section leads on weekly programme and the set up and logistical arrangements for events
- - Where possible, in conjunction with Department for International Trade to utilise and showcase UK products and ingredients, for example through menus, furniture, art displays, table decorations and toiletries
- To maintain food and drink stock levels, undertaking regular stock takes
- Managing and keeping current the fee structure for event and catering fees for the Residence
- Establishing and maintaining preferred supplier contracts
- To supervise the cleanliness and tidiness of the Residence and efficiency of the laundry and kitchen, ensuring the highest standards
- Fluent in spoken and written English
Strong communication and interpersonal skills
Excellent customer service skills
Ability to work under own initiative with minimal supervision, and at times under pressure
Flexibility to work evenings and weekends
- Relevant working experience in an international standard hotel, diplomatic residence, or equivalent
- Experience in event management, housekeeping, and catering
- Experience in managing budgets and maintaining accounts
- Ability to work effectively as part of a small team
This position is open to Hong Kong citizens, permanent residents, and partners/dependents of UK-based diplomatic staff currently posted in Hong Kong. Employment offers are subject to successful clearance of pre-employment checks. No accommodation or relocation expenses are payable in connection with this position. Candidates must have or be able to obtain work authorisation for Hong Kong in order to apply.
Employees who are not liable to pay local income tax on their Mission salary may have their salaries reduced by the equivalent local income tax amount.
Please note that the deadline for applications is 23:55 on the day mentioned in the above field “Application deadline”.
We advise you to allow enough time to complete and submit your full application, since only applications completed and submitted before the deadline will be considered.
Please be aware that the deadline for submitting applications is considered to be the time zone for the country where the vacancy has arisen.
The start date mentioned in the job advert is a tentative start date and the successful candidate will be required to undergo security vetting procedures. Any offer of employment will be subject to the candidate achieving suitable clearances.
This opportunity is closed to applications.