View Vacancy - AUS (Canberra) - Deputy IT Support Officer, A2(L)
Main purpose of job:
The job holder will be providing support to the lead IT Support Officer (ITSO) and assist in delivering operational and strategic IT tasks in accordance with London KTD ensuring compliance, business resilience and business continuity, as well as regular systems, hardware maintenance, and repairs.
The job holder will also be responsible for providing high quality customer service with strong written and verbal communication skills, to ensure operation of ICT services across the Network Platform.
*** This is a 12-month role with a possibility for renewal ***
Roles and responsibilities / what will the jobholder be expected to achieve?:
Supporting Lead ITSO to ensure resilience and business continuity in:
- Providing desk-side ICT assistance to Australia Network staff, in conjunction with the Global Helpdesk;
- Liaise with Global Helpdesk and other key internal and external stakeholders;
- Supporting ICT infrastructure management and upkeep of network and application support;
- Maintaining Mission’s ICT infrastructure, reporting incidents and degradations in performance to Helpdesk;
- Provide ad hoc training and IT induction to staff;
- Assisting in the implementation of all IT, telephony and other communication systems policies to ensure ICT security for the Australia Network;
- Assisting in ICT project solutions under the direction of lead IT support officer to assist in the delivery of ICT projects, as required;
- Providing cover for the lead IT Support Officer;
- Upkeep of Asset management/ inventory of IT equipment ;
- Communicate courteously and effectively with non-IT and IT specialist alike to ensure service level standards are met
- Monitor and respond to the Australia Network ICT inbox;
- Other duties as required.
As a part of the Corporate Services Team:
- Support Information Management Officer by maintaining up-to-date Post Information Asset Register (IAR) to ensure that information assets are managed in accordance with official policy and guidance;
- Project/research work (areas could include administration, procurement, HR, finance, and IT);
- Enact and acquit payments for Corporate Services
- General administration tasks including minute taking, filing etc as directed by the Corporate Services Manager/Head of Corporate Services;
- Assist other members of the Corporate Services team as required and ad hoc Corporate Services project work.
Essential on arrival:
- Knowledge and understanding of Windows, Microsoft Office, Office 365, and MS Teams.
- Knowledge and understanding TCP/IP and maintaining IT hardware equipment.
- Ability to work under pressure
- Logical and systematic approach to problem solving.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks.
- Ability to work as part of a team and independently.
- Ability to be well organised with attention to detail and follow through tasks, to communicate well to staff colleagues and to service providers.
- Strong interpersonal and written communication skills.
- Self-motivated to seek innovative solutions.
- Strong customer service focus.
- Qualifications in IT, ITIL, telecommunications, or related technical systems or experienced work equivalence in IT
- Experience in office administration abilities
This position is being advertised as a 12 months fixed-term position in Canberra, and will be extended subject to performance and availability of funding.
Salary is at AU$66,921 per annum (paid out monthly), plus 11% superannuation.
We are looking for a candidate who can commit to start ASAP, but appointment is subject to an AFP records check and UK security clearance.
Learning and development opportunities (and any specific training courses to be completed):
The Australia network offers a wide range of learning and development opportunities, including job-specific training as necessary and broader learning linked to the FCDO Diplomatic Academy. There are opportunities to job-shadow other staff, and the successful applicant will be encouraged to take part in broader British High Commission activities.
The British High Commission is committed to providing all staff with learning and development (L&D) opportunities and we will work with you to develop your own L&D plan. Mandatory on taking up the position is to complete the On-Line ITSO e-learning course
Due to the security clearance level required for this position, this vacancy is only open to Australian, American, British, Canadian and New Zealand citizens and must have the right to work in Australia.
Employees who are not liable to pay local income tax on their Mission salary may have their salaries reduced by the equivalent local income tax amount
Staff recruited locally by the British High Commission and its Consulates is subject to Terms and Conditions of Service according to local Australian employment law.
The British Government supports flexible working practices. Interstate applicants will be required to meet their own travel and relocation expenses.
38 Hours net per week with flexibility in line with Australia Network Flexible Working Policy
Your application must be submitted before 23:55 AEST-Australian Eastern Standard Time (UTC/ GMT +10) on the day mentioned in the above field “Application deadline”
Applications must include a current CV.
Incomplete application forms will not be taken into consideration, so please ensure you provide the information requested. We regret to advise that we will only be contacting short-listed candidates. Applicants called for an interview will be assessed on the core competencies listed above.
Advertised start date is provisional and subject to completion of reference and security checks.
Kindly check your application centre or email regularly for any update on the status of your application.