View Vacancy - Immigration Liaison Officer, Immigration Enforcement International
Main Purpose of Job
Immigration Enforcement International (IEI) operates to prevent illegal immigration and disrupt the organised immigration crime groups behind it, supporting both the Immigration Enforcement mission and the Home Office purpose.
IEI also receives Overseas Development Assistance (ODA) funding which is intended to help build capacity within ODA-eligible countries. The ILO would be expected to craft and implement creative projects in the region.
Roles and responsibilities
You will be involved in the following key activities:
- Using collaborative working with overseas and UK law enforcement partners develop intelligence and investigations to disrupt organised crime groups targeting the UK.
- Produce high quality Intelligence products for dissemination to the UK and international colleagues as appropriate
- Building relationships with and providing training to carriers and host authorities in order to ensure those air passengers that are inadmissible do not travel to the UK.
- Representing IEI Bogota at international meetings with 5CC and EU colleagues
- Developing strong and productive relationship with local law enforcement bodies
- Instigating collaborative working with law enforcement bodies, leading to criminal investigations and arrests of those involved in immigration crime.
- Develop operational intelligence products through the collection, interpretation and evaluation of relevant quantitative and qualitative information sources.
- Strong problem solving skills are required to identify and investigate suspected organised immigration crime and to gather evidence-based intelligence.
- Ensure that all relevant intelligence is gathered, assessed and disseminated in line with guidance.
- Production of Post Monthly Report and Weekly Activity Highlights
Learning and Development
- Provide training for ECOs and VAC staff on imposters, forgery and Child Protection Issues.
What we want from you?
ILOs need to have excellent people skills that they can use strategically to build relationships with key partners to assist Immigration Enforcement in delivering its objectives. Face to face work is a fundamental part of the job, as is the delivery of training, so the successful candidate should be prepared to do some public speaking.
The role of ILO is extremely varied. It will be a fantastic development opportunity for a candidate that is able to manage very challenging workloads, deliver at pace and be flexible in support of business aims. The successful candidate will be provided with bespoke training and support. Once up to speed in the role the successful candidate should be able to work towards objectives with minimal supervision.
- Proficient using the latest version of MS Office.
- Spoken and written English at advanced level
- Previous immigration, law enforcement and/or analytical or investigation experience.
- Strong interpersonal and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organisational and time management skills.
Must have the legal status to live and work in Colombia.
Spoken and written Spanish at an advanced level, however training will be provided.
Previous managerial experience would be desirable.
This opportunity is closed to applications.