View Vacancy - CBP - Development Officer, EO
Main purpose of job:
This is an important role within the Embassy directly advising the Ambassador and Deputy Head of Mission. We are looking for an energetic, enthusiastic and motivated person to join our vibrant team. The officer will lead our political and human rights work and will require strong analytical and communication skills. This is a key role requiring the holder to bring knowledge and expertise in relation to Cambodian development.
The role would suit someone who has strong analytical skills, a deep knowledge of recent Cambodian history and can work confidently with a range of senior stakeholders in government, civil society and international institutions.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Provide regular updates on a range of development challenges including health, education, gender, humanitarian crisis and poverty reduction in Cambodia based on reporting and meetings with contacts.
- Provide in-depth analysis on specific topical issues both orally and written.
- Recommend interventions on development topics both policy and programmatic.
- Lead engagement on regional and centrally management programmes alongside other policy officers.
- Organise programme of meetings both in Phnom Penh and around the country for the Ambassador and DHM including producing briefs and minutes.
- Maintain a broad network of contacts.
- Support the wider embassy on events, occasional translation and visits.
- Take part in embassy wide events to create an inclusive supportive work environment.
- English /Khmer
- Level of language required: Fluent
Essential on Arrival:
- Fluent oral and written Khmer and English
- The ability to think independently, research and analyse issues, and make policy recommendations
- Confidence, flexibility and ability to cope under pressure and with changing priorities
- Computer literacy in Microsoft Office
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- Proven record of delivering results, including accuracy and attention to detail
- Experience of embassies, civil society or government
The British Embassy offers a competitive remuneration package, including salary and benefits, leave entitlement, and training opportunities.
We also offer 18 days of leave entitlement per annum in pro rata.
Learning & Development Opportunities
This is a developmental position with a range of on the job, on line and coaching training. The job holder will have the opportunity to complete the Virtual International Communication Skills course.
This is a small embassy team and the job holder will be fully exposed to a wide range of embassy activities.
Full time - Monday and Thursday 8:15-16:45 & Friday 8:15-13:15
There is scope to work from home 1-2 days a week.
Staff recruited locally by the British Embassy Phnom Penh is subject to Terms and Conditions of Service according to local employment law.
Employment offers are subject to the successful clearance of pre-employment and security checks.
You must be eligible to work in Cambodia. No accommodation or relocation expenses are payable in connection with this position.
lf you are planning to relocate for this position, please ensure that you have thoroughly investigated living and working in Phnom Penh and all related costs before submitting your application.
Employees who are not liable to pay local income tax on their Mission salary may have their salaries reduced by the equivalent local income tax amount.
Please note that your application must be submitted before 23:55 on the day mentioned in the above field "Application deadline."
Please be aware that the deadline for submitting applications is considered to be the time zone for the country where the vacancy has arisen. We advise you to allow enough time to complete and submit your full application since only applications completed and submitted before the deadline will be considered.
For inclusivity and diversity, please remove the following personal information when uploading your CV: name, address, email address, age, date of birth, gender, and nationality.
Applicants called for an interview will be assessed on the core behaviours listed above.
All applicants are required to mandatorily fill the online application form completely including the employment and educational details, experience, professional skills and behaviour based questions. We will be thoroughly reviewing the applications and incomplete form in any respect may not be considered while shortlisting for the next stage.
The start date mentioned in the job advert is a tentative start date. Any offer of employment will be subject to the candidate achieving suitable clearances.
This opportunity is closed to applications.