View Vacancy - DIT - Head of Investment Belgium-Luxembourg (BEL564)
The British Embassy in Brussels is part of a world-wide network, representing British political, economic and consular interests overseas and is looking for Head of Investment for the UK Department for International Trade (DIT) for Belgium and Luxembourg.
This is a challenging, varied and high profile role and presents an excellent opportunity for an ambitious, driven and energetic individual with relevant business experience. Applicants should ideally be able to start as soon as possible and will be based at the British Embassy in Brussels.
As part of a small team, you will lead and deliver the business services to support inward investment from Belgium and Luxembourg to the UK. The aim is to attract and retain high value investment projects, adding measurable value to direct investment in the UK.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Responsible for developing and delivering the Belgium and Luxembourg investment business plan;
- Lead the small and dynamic Belgium and Luxembourg investment team;
- Attract high value investment projects into the UK from Belgium and Luxembourg through active targeting and working closely with clients in realising their investment objectives;
- Market the UK as the number one business investment location;
- Organise and present at sector based activities (e.g. seminars, briefings, etc.);
- Be responsible for the cultivation and maintenance of professional relationships including key account management of large corporations;
- Engage with relevant stakeholders and partners in the UK, Belgium and Luxembourg;
- Represent DIT both internally as well as at external events;
- Deputise for the Director for trade and investment.
- At least 3 years work experience in an international business environment;
- Good knowledge of either the Belgian or UK business scene (lived and worked in either Belgium or the UK - with preference of both);
- Fluent English and business level knowledge of French and/or Dutch;
- Commercially focussed with a strong B2B background in an international environment;
- Motivated to deliver results against set objectives and deadlines;
- Good interpersonal, influencing and relationship building skills to be able to develop and maintain a network of key contacts;
- Ability to deal with customers at the most senior levels of decision making;
- Strong and effective networker, committed to building long-term relationships;
- Effective communication skills (both written and verbal), strong presentation skills with some experience of public speaking;
- Strong research and analytical skills;
- Proven organisation skills with the ability and flexibility to deal with pressure and fast paced work;
- Proficient user of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Outlook).
- Experience of business development, ideally in an international context;
- A good understanding of International Trade or Foreign Direct Investment;
- Some experience of the commercial environment in the UK;
- Some experience of UK strengths and capabilities;
- Previous experience of leading a small team;
This is a permanent full-time contract for 5 working days (36.25 hours net) per week.
The monthly gross salary for this position is € 4,747.11 C4(L) level (The British Diplomatic Missions in Belgium salaries are not subject to annual indexation).
Please note that Belgian nationals will be paid their salary gross and are expected to comply with their tax obligations through completion of a tax return to the Belgian authorities. Non-Belgian nationals will receive their salary net, minus the deduction of an equivalent level of Belgian tax retained at source. Further information on this will be given to candidates during the recruitment process.
The successful candidates will be subject to professional background checks and security clearance.
Staff recruited locally by the British Diplomatic Missions in Belgium are subject to Terms and Conditions of Service according to local Belgian employment law.
Please note that the deadline for applications is 23:55 on the day mentioned in the above field “Application deadline”.
We advise you to allow enough time to complete and submit your full application, since only applications completed and submitted before the deadline will be considered.
Please be aware that the deadline for submitting applications is considered to be the time zone for the country where the vacancy has arisen.
Please be advised that the British Diplomatic Missions will not be able to meet the travel costs incurred when travelling to the interview, nor the costs connected with relocation if offered a job.
This opportunity is closed to applications.