View Vacancy - Corporate Services Assistant - Estates and general administration (ROU574)
The British Embassy in Bucharest is part of a world-wide network, representing British political, economic and consular interests overseas and is looking to appoint a Corporate Services Assistant to support the Estates Manager in delivering quality office and residential accommodation and also to provide general administrative support to the Corporate Services Section.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Become main point of contact between maintenance team and customers;
- Monitor work requests and responding promptly;
- Communicate with handymen and agree on time of execution for work request;
- Assist Estates Officer in the communication with landlords;
- Supervise on site embassy contractors;
- Compile and maintain furniture inventories;
- Support in organising furniture sales;
- Manage furniture stocks and assist in ordering goods;
- Assist Estates Officer to relocate UK based officers;
- Coordinate furniture moves with the logistics company;
- Purchase and pay with Corporate Credit Cards when required;
- Ordering estates good and services using company software;
- Assisting with obtaining quotes for goods and services.
Health and Safety
- Assist the handymen in arranging annual inspections.
- Back up user of Pyramid Estates database;
- Liaise with Community Liaison Officer to keep float stocks clean and up to date for incoming staff;
- Assisting with filling of HR and finance papers;
- Administration of embassy security passes;
- Administrative arrangements for estates visitors.
- At least 2 years experience in administration;
- Competency in Microsoft Office Word, Outlook, Excel;
- Full clean driving license: job holder will need to drive official vehicles on a daily basis;
- Education to secondary school level;
- Good telephone manner and interpersonal skills.
- Previous experience of estates work;
- Previous administrative and finance experience.
This is a full-time, fixed-term contract for 24 months (35 hours net per week). Working hours are flexible and staff are entitled to time-off-in-lieu for agreed extra hours worked.
The annual leave entitlement is 21 days per year pro rata and the Embassy also enjoys a maximum of 14 Romanian / UK public holidays per year.
Monthly salary is 3,099 RON gross. In addition, staff are entitled to a 13th month salary pro rata and may receive a performance related bonus at year end. Staff also receive meal vouchers and a monthly subscription to a medical centre. An individual personal development plan will be agreed with the successful candidate, which may include training outside Romania.
The successful candidate will be subject to confirmation of a background check and security clearance, and satisfactory completion of a probationary period of 30 calendar days.
All applicants should have a pre-existing legal status to live and work in Romania. The British Embassy does not facilitate/sponsor visa applications and work permits. Staff recruited locally by the British Embassy are subject to terms and conditions service according to Romanian employment law.
Please note that the deadline for applications is 23:55 on the day mentioned in the above field “Application deadline”.
We advise you to allow enough time to complete and submit your full application, since only applications completed and submitted before the deadline will be considered.
Please be aware that the deadline for submitting applications is considered to be the time zone for the country where the vacancy has arisen.
FCO does not pay for travel related expense incurred in interviews or accept any financial risk, including cancelation or reschedule costs.
This opportunity is closed to applications.