View Vacancy - Senior Market Adviser - Retail (SWE580)
The British Embassy in Stockholm is part of a worldwide network, representing British political, economic and consular interests overseas and is now looking to recruit a Senior Trade Adviser to provide strategic direction for trade development within the Retail & Consumer sector in Sweden (and across the Nordic & Baltic network). This is achieved via campaign style working and prosperity activities. Undertake research, develop local networks to uncovering Swedish business opportunities. Develop marketing activity to capitalise on finding and ultimately match-make Swedish demand with UK supply.
DIT is the delivery arm in supporting the Government’s agenda for UK growth.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Identify Swedish high value opportunities through research and engaging with local contacts, stakeholders, organisations etc;
- Develop a range of activities under a campaign to match the needs of the market with UK expertise;
- Assist UK companies to win business in market and provide supporting documentation for HQ;
- Delivery of high value Swedish and Nordic/Baltic trade campaigns across various sub-sectors;
- Full key account management including some routine administration and follow up throughout the process;
- Understand the UK offer by building networks within vital sectors and with HQ and regional colleagues;
- Produce business cases to support campaigns, author briefs for VIP visits and other governmental communication;
- Identify leads and opportunities for British business and deliver a range of services to support the delivery of DIT country targets. Contribute to the wider DIT activity and Embassy team in Sweden;
- Horizon scan for new opportunities outside of the main campaign.
- University degree, Business/Economics or applicable subject;
- 3/5 years of business development experience;
- A self-starter, with the ability to organise self and work effectively;
- Collaborative with the ability to support colleagues and share information and knowledge;
- Client and stakeholder focused with the ability to network;
- Deliver to tight deadlines, multi task, work effectively and supportively on targets;
- Understand and focus on customer needs;
- Strong team player with high social skills;
- Growth mindset.
- Relevant sector knowledge;
- Open and flexible approach to new ideas to improve results;
- Enthusiastic about personal development;
- Open to change and innovation;
- Business supply chain knowledge;
- Strong intercultural skills.
All applicants should have the right to live and work in Sweden. The British Embassy does not sponsor for work permits.
Please note that being a Locally Employed staff by the British Embassy will not give access to be registered with the Swedish population registry. According to the Swedish Ministry for Foreign Affairs the Locally Employed Staff should be either Swedish citizens or permanent residents, i.e. registered with the population registry before starting the employment. For more information please consult:
The successful candidate will be subject to confirmation of a background check and security clearance.
Please note that the deadline for applications is 23:55 on the day mentioned in the above field “Application deadline”.
We advise you to allow enough time to complete and submit your full application, since only applications completed and submitted before the deadline will be considered.
Please be aware that the deadline for submitting applications is considered to be the time zone for the country where the vacancy has arisen.
FCO does not pay for travel related expense incurred in interviews (including Security Check) or accept any financial risk, including cancelation or reschedule costs. The FCO will not meet the costs connected with relocation if offered a position.
This opportunity is closed to applications.