View Vacancy - International Trade Internship (Energy Sector)
Intern at Department for International Trade in the Energy Sector
Roles and responsibilities:
Jobholder is expected to provide administrative and logistics support for DIT Energy team’s daily tasks and events during the following months. Jobholder is also expected to have advanced written, communication and research skills. In general, jobholder will:
- Support commercial activities in the energy sector.
- Draft a newsletter with relevant Oil & Gas/Energy sector news.
- Update sector reports through continuous research.
- Provide logistic administrative assistance for trade missions/events.
- Search, promote and record business opportunities for UK companies in the sector.
- Support UK businesses through different consulting services such as:
- Tailored Market research.
- Organise Business visit programmes.
- Plan and organise trade missions/events.
- Participate in trade shows.
- Excellent customer focus is essential.
- High level of competence in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint is required.
- High level of organisational skills.
- Recently graduated or to be enrolled in an undergraduate programme (e.g. International Relations, Economics, Commerce, International Business).
Candidates must be fluent in both written & spoken English and Spanish
- A strong team working ethic, inter-personal and communication skills are essential, as is the ability to work effectively.
- A proven ability to learn rapidly about sector information is required.
- An ability to develop a network of contacts is essential.
- Initiative and judgement.
- Ability to take responsibility for specific activities.
- It is important for the candidate to be learning driven and be interested in the commercial opportunities between the UK and Mexico. Candidate is expected to have advanced research, written and organisational skills
This opportunity is closed to applications.