View Vacancy - JPN - Energy Team Administrative Officer - A1(L)
To provide administrative support to the British Embassy Energy Team, which includes officers from Department of International Trade, Science and Innovation, and Climate Change and Energy.
Administrative support to the Energy Team (80%)
- Arrangements of appointments, events including trade fairs and missions, and travel, including through collaborative work with Energy Team, colleagues across the Embassy and with key internal interlocutors.
- Provide support for official and Ministerial visits from the UK
- Taking responsibility for budget management including support for stationery ordering, subscriptions and other requisitioning needs.
- Management of public enquiries relating to the work of the energy team.
- Updating organograms of external organisations and contacts list
- Coordinating written work covering activity across the energy team including team monthly update, team responses to requests for views on new initiatives etc.
- Monitor the media and summarise (in Japanese and in English) key developments on energy and environment policies and business activities on a timely basis.
- Send out messages through Embassy twitter account (in Japanese and in English) and other social media on a regular basis, working closely with the Media team.
- Monitor UK Government website for key policy developments in energy and environment. Draft newsletter in Japanese for internal/ external stakeholders.
- Microsoft Office skills
- Language: English- business level both written and spoken; Japanese – fluent both written and spoken
- Level of language required: English: TOEIC 850; Japanese JLPT N1
- Administrative experience, including diary and event management.
- Experience using social media.
- Organisational and people-handling skills
- Interest and knowledge in energy and climate change issues.
Happy to support flexible working, to be discussed and agreed with line manager.
All applications must be received before 22 December at 23:55 JST.
Incomplete application forms will not be taken into consideration, so please ensure you provide the information requested. We regret to advise that we will only be contacting short-listed candidates.
The successful candidate should be able to start by February 2018.
This opportunity is closed to applications.