View Vacancy - Science and Innovation Network (SIN) attache (DNK612) -INTERNAL VACANCY ONLY-
The British Embassy in Copenhagen, part of a world-wide network representing UK political, economic and consular interests overseas, is looking for a Science and Innovation Network (SIN) attaché.
The main purpose of the job is:
- Lead on building and developing the bilateral relationship between Denmark and UK Ministries, academic institutions and organisations with an interest in science and innovation.
- Provide insight into Danish reaction to UK science policy.
- To contribute to UK economic growth by initiating mutually beneficial science and innovation collaboration between the UK and Denmark.
- Lead on issues relating to Life science for the Nordic region.
- Provide support to the Science and Innovation Nordic team.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- In the context of Brexit, understand and interpret key Danish stakeholders’ positions on the future of science collaboration to ensure SIN/BEIS/DExEU and other UK stakeholders have the data to engage and influence negotiations.
- Monitor and respond to developments in science and innovation policies and programmes in Denmark. Provide timely and concise reports on key developments to UK government departments and other stakeholders.
- Lead on Ministerial and senior official visits to Denmark which relate to bilateral science and innovation issues.
- Support regional thematic leads on the development and delivery of projects involving Denmark.
- Develop, deliver and contribute to a programme of projects, visits, events and other activities aimed at facilitating collaboration and enhancing UK innovation capacity/capability in Life Sciences between the UK and the wider Nordic Region.
- Support Regional Manager and engage country officers as necessary to aid delivery, ensure compliance and timely reporting.
- Develop a wide range of contacts in government, business, universities and public research organisations in the UK and Denmark to support the Science and Innovation Nordic Network’s overarching objectives.
- Lead on the development and delivery of a communications strategy and stakeholder engagement database.
- Support the wider work in the Embassy including providing surge capacity and engaging in corporate activities.
- Good communication in English and Danish language both oral and written (independent user);
- University degree OR 3 years of relevant work experience in Life Sciences or applicable subject;
- A self-starter, with the ability to organise self and work effectively;
- Ability to work effectively and supportively on shared objectives with colleagues;
- Networking skills;
- Understand and focus on customer needs.
- Strong intercultural skills;
- Good IT skills;
- Flexibility to travel domestically, and internationally.
This is a fixed-term contract of 24 months with possibility of renewal.
The successful candidate will be subject to professional background check and security clearance.
The successful candidate must have pre-existing work authorization for Denmark in order to apply.
Staff recruited locally by the British Embassy in Copenhagen are subject to Terms and Conditions of Service according to local Danish employment law.
We advise you to allow enough time to complete and submit your full application, since only applications completed and submitted before the deadline will be considered.
Please be aware that the deadline for submitting applications is considered to be the time zone for the country where the vacancy has arisen.
This opportunity is closed to applications.