View Vacancy - Estates Assistant - A1 - British Embassy Kabul
Main purpose of job:
The main responsibility of this job is to provide an efficient accommodation service – managing the accommodation in two British Embassy compounds, ensuring cleaning standards are maintained and that accommodation is fit for purpose.
The successful candidate will join the Corporate Services Team at the British Embassy Kabul which provides essential support to all sections ensuring they have the necessary resources to function successfully. The Estates assistant is responsible for booking accommodation effectively, maximising on capacity as well as covering for colleagues in a busy estate team providing services from a wide range of Government Departments.
Roles and responsibilities
- Allocation of all accommodation for all BEK staff and visitors 35%
- Data input into Pyramid of all BEK furniture and asset records for the Estate 20%
- Distribution of estates furniture requests to the estates team and liaison with TWG on any overlaps with work requests 15%
- Work closely with DHCS on staff movements ensuring that accommodation is completed to a high standard. 10%
- Provide escort duty to outside suppliers around BEK site / movement of goods and furniture around site + any related duties allocated by the Estate & Logistic Manager 10%
- Responsibility for day to day running of the furniture stores and oversighy of the British Embassy Cemetery. 5%
- Liaising with KBR staff on a daily basis on the cleaning schedule and bedding / accessory requirement for all BEK accommodation 5%
Other skills / experience / qualifications:
- Undergraduate degree or at least high schoole diploma ‘’12th grade graduated’’
- Essential on arrival: 3+ year experience of customer service
- Good drafting skills in Dari and English with ability of translation in both the languages
- Good computer literacy and using Microsoft office in regard of word, excel, outlook etc
- Desirable: experience of customs clearance and travel services
- Able to operate Forklift would be an advantage but training can be given
The Local Staff Terms & Conditions for staff working in the British embassy will apply.
For external candidates, salary will be $ $1,211.62 (Gross) per month with $100 transport and $125 medical allowances.
We also offer a competitive package including a yearly performance-related bonus scheme, an annual leave entitlement of 25 days per year, a multicultural environment and learning and development opportunities.
The British Embassy actively promotes a diverse workforce. Women who hold the right skills and experience are encouraged to apply for positions at the British Embassy. The British Embassy is proud to support women in the workplace and we have introduced a number of family-friendly policies to allow women the opportunity to apply in our progressive and supportive environment. These include a ladies transport provision (with pick up/drop off points around the city) and flexible working conditions. The British Embassy’s active Women’s Association meets regularly to discuss wide-ranging subjects and the Local Staff Association ensures all Afghan staff has a voice.
Please note applications without (a), (b) and (c) will not be considered.
(a) Complete the Online Job Application Form
(b) Complete the Motivation Segment in the Online Application Form
(c) Attach a detailed CV
Internal candidates applying for this position need to upload their appraisal forms for the previous 2 years (if applicable) and also inform their current line managers. Else the application will not be considered.
We will accept only online applications by “25th December 2017” midnight.
- Applicants who do not have the required qualification & experience should kindly abstain from applying, as their applications will not be considered.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and no telephone enquires will be dealt with.
- The appointment will be subject to local and British Embassy security checks and other verifications including references, educational and professional.
We welcome all applications irrespective of age, race, colour, gender, disability, sexual orientation, religion, belief or creed. We are also open to applications from people who want to work flexibly.
PLEASE NOTE: JOB OFFERS FROM THE UK GOVERNMENT
The UK Government, including the Department for International Trade, does not send unsolicited emails with job offers - either direct or through agents. Government vacancies are advertised on official websites in the UK: www.careers-civilservice.gov.uk or in Afghanistan: www.acbar.org and the British Embassy’s website.
All British Embassy vacancies are filled through a competitive process managed by our Human Resources Section. You will never be approached directly by the Ambassador with an offer of a job.
Some job scams falsely use the names and job titles of genuine Embassy staff. A genuine email from an official member of staff will always be sent from our official email address - @fco.gov.uk. It will never be sent from a hotmail or yahoo type email account.
This opportunity is closed to applications.