View Vacancy - First Secretary EU Exit/Future Economic Partnership, Rome C5 (ITA610) INTERNAL VACANCY
The British Embassy in Rome is part of a world-wide network, representing British political, economic and consular interests overseas and is now looking for a First Secretary EU Exit/ Future Economic Partnership.
The successful candidate will help to devise and launch strategy for UK engagement with Italian Government and key stakeholders throughout second phase of our EU exit negotiations, setting out strands of action on economic and prosperity issues, so that UK interests are protected following the conclusion of negotiations.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and launch overall strategy for medium to long-term engagement on economic and trade issues with Italian Government and stakeholders.
- Work with relevant HMG Departments, other UK stakeholders, embassy colleagues, and DIT Milan to coordinate and deliver engagement.
- Develop individual lobbying plans for key Italian Ministries, identify decision-makers for major dossiers, and leverage our wider bilateral cooperation in support of UK negotiating objectives. Lead preparations for stronger UK engagement on economic and trade policy issues with Italy post-Brexit.
- Oversee delivery of Italy Network Prosperity spend, ensuring that all projects are aligned with engagement strategy priorities.
- University degree.
- Proven strategic thinking and policy development skills.
- Fluency in English is required (C1 or above under the CEFRL or equivalent).
- EU Exit policy experience, economic policy skills, stakeholder engagement.
This is a full-time temporary position with a contract of six months, graded at C5 as per the FCO grading structure.
The monthly gross salary is Euro 5,520. The salary is paid monthly 14 times per year including € 10.33 EDR paid 13 times per year.
Working hours are 35 hrs per week Monday to Friday, normally from 09.00-17.00. Some degree of flexibility is expected.
Confirmation of the job is subject on three months probation and the successful completion of a security clearance and references check process.
All staff employed by the British Embassy are subject to Italian income tax rate deductions (IRPEF). However the administration of these tax payments will vary depending on nationality.
The successful candidate will be enrolled in the Italian State Social Security Scheme.
Staff recruited locally by the British Embassy in Rome are subject to terms and conditions of service according to local Italian employment law.
Please note that the deadline for applications is 23:55 on the day mentioned in the above field “Application deadline”.
We advise you to allow enough time to complete and submit your full application, since only applications completed and submitted before the deadline will be considered.
Please be aware that the deadline for submitting applications is considered to be the time zone for the country where the vacancy has arisen.
This opportunity is closed to applications.