View Vacancy - Driver
The British Embassy in Beirut currently has a vacancy for the position of Driver.
The jobholder will transport Embassy employees and visitors to and from various locations throughout the country, while adhering to the Standard Operating Procedures and the driver roster.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Undertake field visits, subsequent to attending security briefing and preparing designated vehicle & equipment, while ensuring full compliance with Embassy procedures and security policies to maintain the safety and security of HMG staff and visitors.
- Carry out regular maintenance checks for all vehicle fleet, alert transport manager/ deputy in case of technical problem or need for maintenance. Ensure proper fuelling and washing of vehicles and all necessary tools are present in vehicles and in good condition.
- Liaise with Lebanese authorities (MFA, Customs, General Security, Vehicle Registration) on processing Embassy’s admin protocol formalities.
- Ad hoc help to the wider Corporate Services Team as required, including back up for Diplomatic Bag delivery and dispatch.
Key competences required for the job:
- Collaborating and Partnering - People skilled in this area create and maintain positive, professional, and trusting working relationships with a wide range of people within and outside the Civil Service to help get business done.
- Managing a Quality Service - Strong sense of professionalism. Effective planning and management of work in order to deliver a high quality service.
- Seeing the Big Picture - This is about having an understanding and knowledge of how your role fits with and supports FCO objectives and delivery of Diplomatic Excellence.
- Changing and Improving - To be effective in this area, you will be open to change and might suggest ideas for improvements to the way things are done in your own work.
- Should be skilled driver and must have the necessary authorisation to drive
- Must be a safety conscious person who is focused, confident and observant
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook, Internet Explorer)
- Excellent command of Arabic and English
- Trained in driving armoured vehicles
- Basic analytical skills an asset
Working Hours and Remuneration:
Conditioned working hours are 48 hours gross per week, and the job holder may be required to work in shifts as well as to work overtime, on weekends, and on public holidays.
The Embassy is committed to ensuring that you are able to maintain a suitable work-life balance. Leave entitlement is 20 days plus 14 public holidays.
The British Embassy in Beirut offers an attractive working environment and remuneration package of $1,927 monthly for this role.
The Embassy offers a competitive remuneration package in line with local labour law (including transport, family, education allowances, and medical insurance coverage). Specific training and mentoring for the role will be provided for the successful candidate.
Candidates must ensure that they are eligible to work and reside in Lebanon.
Interested candidates must attach the following documents along with the completed online application form:
- An updated Curriculum Vitae (CV).
- Please provide examples of performance in each competency on the motivation section of the online application form.
- A covering letter stating why you feel you have the necessary skills to perform well in the above role.
*** Applications that do not include the above information will be rejected.
All applications must be received before 23:55 (local time) on 22 December 2017.
Applications received after the stated deadline will not be considered.
Interviews will be held at the British Embassy Beirut Office. Due to the large amount of applications we receive only those shortlisted for assessment/interview will be contacted
The start date mentioned in the advert is an assumed start date and the successful candidate will be required to undergo security vetting procedures. Any offer of employment will be subject to the candidate achieving suitable clearances and reference checks.
The successful candidate will also be subject to a 90-day probationary period.
The British Embassy is an equal opportunities employer, dedicated to inclusivity, a diverse workforce, and valuing difference. Staff recruited locally by the British Embassy are subject to Terms and Conditions of service according to local Lebanon employment law.
This opportunity is closed to applications.