View Vacancy - Trade and Economic Team, Analyst Intern
Main purpose of job:
To provide support to the trade policy and economic team in the British Embassy in Brasilia to promote bilateral trade and investment, in addition to produce economic reports.
The main role of the intern is to conduct research and data analysis, while also providing administrative support during meetings, visits, events and discussions.
- Support the team with research on trade barriers, specifically those faced by UK companies in Brazil, as well as on trade and economic data.
- Help with record keeping, including tracking market access issued faced by UK companies in Brazil.
- Monitor activity of key government bodies (such as the Brazilian Central Bank, Ministry of Finance, Ministry of Planning) as well as Brazil’s interests in multilateral forums (such as the World Bank, , the IMF, the G20, the BRICS)
- Provide broad economic support for the UK network in Brazil as necessary.
- Support the organisation of visits from UK companies and government representatives as well as on other discussions, events and webinars. Including high-level Ministerial visits to and from the UK.
- Translate documents and letters from English to Portuguese and from Portuguese to English.
- Assist the Trade Analyst with stakeholder mapping and engagement plans.
- Assist in overall administrative activities
You will be expected to work flexibly across the network’s priorities.
Essential on arrival:
- Working towards a degree in economics, mathematics or related field (minimum 4th semester)
- Excellent analytical, interpersonal, and communications and writing skills in both English and Portuguese;
- Excellent computer skills, particularly with Excel (including both spreadsheet and graphical representation functions);
- Confidence with numerical analysis including cost-benefit analysis, project appraisal and macroeconomic analysis
- Advanced understanding of the Brazilian domestic economy
- Advanced knowledge of Brazilian trade policy and ongoing negotiations
- Experience of working with government or public institutions
The British Embassy is committed to Learning and Development both through formal training and development
opportunities ‘on the job’.The jobholder will be encouraged to take advantage of training available through the Foreign Office’s Diplomatic Academy.
Language: English and Portuguese
Level of language required: Fluent, Extensive
This opportunity is closed to applications.