View Vacancy - Trade and Economic Team, Administration Intern
Main purpose of job:
To provide support to the trade policy and economic team in the British Embassy in Brasilia on team projects, administration, briefing and visits.
- Support the team with ad hoc project work, specifically the UK-Brazil trade review and PF Trade Facilitation Programme (implementation of activities, programme filing, and information keeping).
- Help with record keeping, maintain filing system and up-to-date briefs, including tracking market access issues faced by UK companies in Brazil.
- Support the organisation of visits from UK companies and government representatives as well as on other discussions, events and webinars. Including high-level Ministerial visits to and from the UK.
- Support the team with arranging meetings and maintaining calendars.
- Translate documents and letters from English to Portuguese and from Portuguese to English.
- Assist the Trade Analyst with stakeholder mapping and engagement plans.
- Assist in overall administrative activities, including the team budget
You will be expected to work flexibly across the network’s priorities.
Essential on arrival:
- Working towards a degree on International Relations, Economics, Business Administration or related field (minimum 4th semester)
- Excellent organisational, interpersonal, communication and written skills in both English and Portuguese;
- Excellent computer skills, including with word, excel, Microsoft outlook
- Experience of working with government or public institutions
- Understanding of the Brazilian domestic economy
- Knowledge of Brazilian trade policy and ongoing negotiations
The British Embassy is committed to Learning and Development both through formal training and development
opportunities ‘on the job’. The jobholder will be encouraged to take advantage of training available through the Foreign Office’s Diplomatic Academy.
Language:English and Portuguese
Level of language required: Fluent, Extensive
This opportunity is closed to applications.