View Vacancy - Communications Officer
We are seeking an enthusiastic, experienced professional to help drive the British Embassy in Lima’s digital communications and media engagement.
The job holder will support the Head of Communications in implementing public diplomacy activities to help deliver the Embassy’s strategic priorities and to promote the United Kingdom’s policies and objectives. We are looking for applicants with experience in communications or public relations within an international or business environment.
This highly engaging role reports directly to the Head of Communications and will support all of the Embassy’s public-facing activities.
- Work with colleagues across the Embassy’s sections to implement the strategic communications plan to support delivery of Embassy priorities including trade and investment, foreign policy, security, culture & education, sport, science & innovation, and climate change & green growth.
- Help maintain and develop good contacts with the Peruvian media and use them to promote UK policies and initiatives.
- Help manage and edit the Embassy’s website and social media platforms, especially Instagram, Facebook & Twitter.
- Act as a contact point for the Peruvian media, assist in drafting press releases and creating digital content, arranging interviews, press conferences and attending events.
- Monitor and report to colleagues on current issues of media interest.
- Oversee the work of a communications intern.
• Proven digital communications ability;
• An established contact network within the Peruvian media and the ability to work with colleagues at all levels;
• Personal drive, sound judgement and attention to detail;
• Knowledge and experience of using complex communications activities to deliver specific objectives;
• Strategic and creative thinking;
• Strong organisational and time management skills, including the ability to prioritise; Flexible, resilient under pressure and decisive with a proven track record of delivering results to a high standard within tight deadlines;
• Willingness to work additional hours when necessary.
• A college/university level degree in Communications or equivalent experience required;
• At least 2-3 years of experience in a public relations or communications post;
• Client servicing experience;
• Community management experience;
• Sound working knowledge of Peruvian politics;
• An understanding of UK culture and a desire and interest in learning more about UK politics and its media landscape;
• Fluent in English and Spanish, orally and in writing;
• Strong IT skills, including good working knowledge of Instagram, Twitter, Facebook and social media monitoring tools (eg HootSuite).
The British Embassy in Lima offers an attractive working environment and a monthly negotiable remuneration package plus benefits.
For consideration, candidates must have the right to work and live in Peru.
We provide a dynamic and varied work environment, offering excellent opportunities for personal growth and development.
All Embassy staff have the option of working on a flexitime plan.
This opportunity is closed to applications.