View Vacancy - Content Manager
Main purpose of job:
The Content Officer will be responsible for creating and managing engaging and dynamic digital content for a range of marketing communications to promote the UK as the partner for investment and trade as well as showcasing how DIT can help businesses across North America.
Roles and responsibilities / what will the jobholder be expected to achieve?:
- Work with Head of Marketing Services, Senior Content Manager and Marketing Campaign team to develop social media content for key Marketing Campaigns, ensuring that there is a standardization of DIT North America’s voice/brand across all creative.
- Create engaging content for social media channels including drafting copy, sourcing images from DIT brand library, storyboarding content, editing video and creating graphic assets.
- Day to day management of social media North America channels, including updating Twitter and geotargeted DIT LinkedIn posts with intent to engage with existing clients and drive lead generation.
- Work with Senior Content Manager, campaign managers and HQ content team to create and maintain dynamic network content calendar.
- Monitor daily newsfeed, stakeholder activity and digital engagements.
- Compile weekly digital metrics for identifying successes and areas for improvement.
- Support on internal comms to share digital insights and best practice with wider DIT team.
- Knowledge of MS Word and Excel;
- Under US State Department requirements, the UK Government in the US may only employ, as non-diplomatic staff, persons who are US citizens, US Permanent Residents or A visa holders with EAD cards*. If you hold a visa other than an A visa you are not currently eligible to work at our office. Please refer to our website for information on exceptions to this policy at www.gov.uk/government/world/usa. All selected candidates are subject to background checks and will require a security clearance prior to starting work. *A visas are acceptable at the Embassy and Consulates. The UK Mission to the UN (UKMIS) accepts G visas, and British Defense Staff (BDS) outposts accept A or NATO visas.
- Basic video editing skills preferred
The UK Government operating in the US offers a substantial benefits package including generous leave, a choice of medical insurance, 401(k) matching up to 7%, extensive learning opportunities and a great work/life balance.
Employees who are not liable to pay local income tax on their Mission salary, eg some non-local national staff and some spouses or partners of UK diplomatic staff, will have their salaries abated by an equivalent amount.
Internal candidates must inform their supervisor before they apply to a different position.
Only successful candidates will be contacted. Please no phone calls. Due to the high volume of resumes we receive, we cannot guarantee consideration of your application if the submission instructions are not properly followed.
The British Embassy is committed to a policy of equal opportunities and to creating a diverse working environment, free from discrimination, where everyone is included and treated fairly, based on merit alone. We are an equal opportunity employer, making all employment decisions without regard to race, gender, religion, national origin, citizenship, disability, age, sexual orientation, political affiliation or any other criterion protected by law.
This opportunity is closed to applications.